Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Sig's "Pistol Stabilizing Brace"

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by KiltedSoule, Apr 30, 2013.

1. KiltedSoule

KiltedSoule Got Haggis?

Jun 21, 2011
    South Carolina
    So, aside from being hideous, does putting this on a pistol make anyone else apprehensive?

Link to website with demo video

"ATF Approved" but it rather dangerously resembles a stock considering the possible consequences if they then decide it is too close to being one
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  2. wolf19r

wolf19r Problem Solved!

Feb 8, 2009
    JAX, FL

3. KiltedSoule

KiltedSoule Got Haggis?

Jun 21, 2011
    South Carolina
  4. That has to be the dumbest thing I've ever seen attached to a firearm. I literally just lost any and all respect for Sig I may have had.
  5. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    You mean the rainbow finish and the checker plate finish on the various American made SIG pistols didn't quite do it for you before?

Or the rifle that was suppose to shoot 7.62x39 couldn't eat steel cased ammo and feed ramp got all chewed up by AK steel mags?

I kept telling people that SIG USA is the armpit of the guns world.
  6. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    I saw the email, but didn't load the photos at that time. That thing is freaking HIDEOUS.
  7. Well ya there is all that too, not to mention notoriously bad customer service and the fact they won't sell spare parts makes them kinda suck bad, but if I had ANY respect for them left, it flew out the window after I saw this goofy thing. I'd like to think it was an April Fool's joke, but apparently we're at the wrong end of the month.
  8. steve1911

Jul 12, 2004
  9. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member Lifetime Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Lubbock, TX
    Looks like a buttstock to me.
  10. Look closer, it's actually a U style clamp for your forearm.
  11. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member Lifetime Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Lubbock, TX
    I saw the picture, I just wouldn't bet 10 years in the federal pokey that the BATFE would appreciate the fact that it is a "forearm clamp." It has a pretty good angled flat for a cheek rest. It's "ATF approved" but they change their minds like a bunch of gossiping women.

Just SBR it or leave it as a pistol with a plain buffer tube. All these gimmicks are going to land someone in the clink eventually... and it ain't gonna be me. Until the day we get the NFA overturned, I'll play by the rules.
    Last edited: May 1, 2013
  12. K. Foster

K. Foster

Feb 19, 2002
    That’s one of the stupidest accessories I’ve ever seen. IMO, this shows that SIG really is going down hill.
    A little advice: If you buy that pos, print that BATF letter and some pages from the SIG web site, and keep it with the gun as if it were SBR papers. If a LEO not familiar with that thing sees it and you can't prove it's BATF approved, you’re probably going to get booked for a felony.
    Last edited: May 1, 2013
  13. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

How long would it take to strap and unstrap that stupid thing when you need to use it?

A simple spring loaded C clamp for your arm would be much easier and less dangerous, and probably less ugly too.
  14. LA_357SIG

LA_357SIG Milspectacular

Aug 28, 2006
    Not Los Angeles.
    A while back, there was a guy who was disabled (wheelchair bound, or had a back or shoulder injury or something) that invented that to shoot his AR-15 pistol one handed. He got ATF to approve his design as a shooting aid. Whether he sold the idea to SIG, it looks stupid or you have no use for it or not is irrelevant. It serves a purpose.

Sent from the slowest, most expensive satellite communications service in the Gulf of Mexico... or those damn dolphins are stealing our wi-fi again.
  15. mac66

mac66 Huge Member Millennium Member

Oct 28, 1999
    Blue Planet
    That works like a butt stock. You guys need to learn to read between the lines. I shoot my AR pistol from the shoulder using just the buffer tube. I can easily hit targets at 100+ yards that way but the tube does have limitations. This a legal pistol butt stock that isn't a butt stock. Brilliant idea IMO. And yes, it is ATF approved.
    Last edited: May 3, 2013
  16. tenforme

Feb 14, 2013
    Saw a review of that on one of the hunting channels.

The "nod and a wink" routine of the review looked like a Monty Python sketch.

I can't imagine it will be long before it gets viewed for what its is.

Personally I would not risk a felony.
  17. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    What the ATF approveth, the ATF declareth a felony 6 months later.

Sent from the USS Sulaco.
  18. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    More cheesy than most of Mako and Tapco's products!
  19. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Hey now, I like Mako's magwell grip... sort of more natural and out of the way than any AFG/VFG.

Don't forget to add UTG, Barska, Leapers, and CAA to your distinguished list of near-airsoft quality gear.