Sign From January 2009

Discussion in 'The Lighter Side' started by Mrs Glockrunner, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Just passing this along as a reminder.....

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Subject: FW: Sign Near Dearborn, Michigan USA The Okie Corral Aug 20, 2015
    16 Signs That You Are a Slave Living in the Matrix Religious Issues Aug 20, 2015
    Trump Campaign Releases Awesome Redesigned Logo Political Issues Aug 10, 2015
    Where's his stupid sign... The Okie Corral Aug 6, 2015
    Get them to sign to it Cop Talk Aug 4, 2015

3. I remember having to pay over $4 per gallon when Bush was president.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

4. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

Really? Where was this?:dunno:

5. Mr Turdle

Mr Turdle NRA Life Member

Really? Wow! That was pretty good getting the price down to $1.84 when he left office then!
    :rofl:

6. It jumped up for around a day when the towers got hit. Then the stations got in trouble for price gouging.

7. Yeah, no kidding. On my way home I saw a local convince store, I used to work at, had bumped the prices up to over $5/gal. We were at $4 or just below for awhile when bush was In. I remember think of the frog boiling while seeing the gas prices and thinking bush was paying his oil cronies back. True or not, it's still what I thought.

8. The United States of America.

There has already been discussion on this the other day.

The marketplace determines gas prices, not the president.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

#7 RyanBDawg, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  9. Mr Turdle

Mr Turdle NRA Life Member

There has already been discussion on this the other day.

The marketplace determines gas prices, not the president.

I was being sarcastic......:faint:

10. Come on folks. Don't any of you remenber seeing gas at 11 cents a gallon? But that was back when stations had gas wars.

11. I can go back to about 18.9/ gal. and windows got cleaned also. Didn't take a lot of $$$ to fill up my 63 1/2 Galaxie 500 XL. Dang I wish I still had that car.:crying:

12. I remember paying over $5 for diesel. When your company run trucks with 200-gallon tanks, it adds up.

The difference is, during Bush presidency we had work for those trucks, so spending several hundred dollars at the gas pump wasn't that big of a deal.

13. I remember gas wars very well. Oh, wouldn't you LOVE to have them again! :wow:

14. Jack23

Jack23 I. B. Glockin'

I loved the era of the gas wars. I was in So. Cal during all that in the early '60s and I once got reg for 7 cents per gallon. I was driving a little Chevy Corvair Monza and I couldn't get a dollars worth in it.