close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Sight question.

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Brucev, May 26, 2012.

1. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    Once upon a time I owned a COLT Ser. 70 on which someone had thoughtfully installed MMC fixed sights. I liked them very much. Sadly that pistol is long gone.

Recently I found and bought a very nice SA-GI 1911-A1. I've been thinking... about the sights. What I'm considering is having a set of more user friendly fixed low profile combat type sights installed. I would like them to be zeroed for standard ball type 230 gr. FMJ ammo.

I have a nice RIA 1911 which one of our GT members kindly customized to better suit my needs. It has very low profile Millette sights with a adjustable rear sight that is very accurate and a real pleasure to use. So I do not have to be in a hurry about doing this. I figure over the next year I'll do a few things but nothing drastic. Suggestions, etc. will be appreciated.

2. cuba

cuba

Nov 20, 2010
    I like the Heine Slant Staight Eight sight, I think that they are probably the best user friendly sights in the market, though not a true target sight, still very quik and accurate.

3. G26AZ

G26AZ

Aug 16, 2001
    Arizona
    I just recenlty put a set of Fusion Adjustable Night sights on my Commander and really like them. They are about the same size and height of the fixed Novaks that I had on before them.