close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sight question.

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Brucev, May 26, 2012.

1. Brucev

Brucev
    Expand Collapse

Once upon a time I owned a COLT Ser. 70 on which someone had thoughtfully installed MMC fixed sights. I liked them very much. Sadly that pistol is long gone.

Recently I found and bought a very nice SA-GI 1911-A1. I've been thinking... about the sights. What I'm considering is having a set of more user friendly fixed low profile combat type sights installed. I would like them to be zeroed for standard ball type 230 gr. FMJ ammo.

I have a nice RIA 1911 which one of our GT members kindly customized to better suit my needs. It has very low profile Millette sights with a adjustable rear sight that is very accurate and a real pleasure to use. So I do not have to be in a hurry about doing this. I figure over the next year I'll do a few things but nothing drastic. Suggestions, etc. will be appreciated.

2. cuba

cuba
    Expand Collapse

I like the Heine Slant Staight Eight sight, I think that they are probably the best user friendly sights in the market, though not a true target sight, still very quik and accurate.

3. fnfalman

fnfalman
    Expand Collapse
    Chicks Dig It

Hard to bet Novak.

4. G26AZ

G26AZ
    Expand Collapse

I just recenlty put a set of Fusion Adjustable Night sights on my Commander and really like them. They are about the same size and height of the fixed Novaks that I had on before them.