Sig X6 or Les Baer Ultimate 5 incher?

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by PhoneCop, Mar 5, 2010.

1. PhoneCop

PhoneCop TeleDetective

A friend overseas has the opportunity to purchase either a Sig X6 or a Les Baer Ultimate 5".

Any one care to opine as to which you would buy if the price is the same?

(No, I don't know what he'll be using it for, assume mostly target shooting)

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Come on now, this is the 1911 forum, you know I'm gonna answer with Les Baer! :supergrin:

You said the other choice was the X6. I am unfamiliar with this model. Did you mean the X-Five model? If so, which one?

3. PhoneCop

PhoneCop TeleDetective

Great question, I don't know, but I asked for clarification.

And, no, there is an X-6, different than the X-5.

#3 PhoneCop, Mar 5, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  4. The X-6 is like the X-5 but based on the 220 in 45ACP.

They would both be excellent target guns but I would lean toward the 1911 platform.

5. I've never shot an X6 so I wouldn't be much help. All my pistols get carried at some point so I'm thinking the Baer would be a little more practical for me. Those German Sigs certainly are sweet though.

6. I have an X-Five and its one of my favorite pistols.

The X-Six is one on my list for sure.

That said, if I had to choose, I'd have a hard time passing up the Ultimate Master.

7. Actually, there are two X-Sixes. One is based on the P226 like the X-Five, but with a longer barrel. The other is a single stack based on the P220.

http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=61&productid=234

http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=61&productid=233

Oddly enough, the X-Six pistols are a few hundred less than the top of the line X-Five.

http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=38&productid=88

[​IMG]

8. Do all the X series Sigs have a stainless frame.

9. PhoneCop

PhoneCop TeleDetective

I just learned that it's not the Ultiamte Master, now reported to be "just" a Les Baer Custom (whatever that may mean, I don't know Les Baers) :scared:

He has a choice between either versions of the X-6 220 and 226 are available.

You leaning towards the Sig now, bac?

10. I'd say unless its the Ultimate Master or SRP with the accuracy package, go with the X-Six.

The X series are all hand built in Germany and completely separate from that Exeter crap.

11. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

12. PhoneCop

PhoneCop TeleDetective

Much appreciated. :wavey:

13. Anytime. :)

14. I'm looking at the P220 X-Six. :cool:

15. a friend had two different X-5 pistols 'lock up' somewhere in the trigger group....he was not impressed, and, upon hearing of it happening, neither was I...; not for that kind of money.

16. Odd

I've never heard of an issue with an X-Five.

I find mine to be one of the best quality pistols I own.

17. X-6 without a doubt.

[​IMG]

18. This X-5 is by Grayguns is rather sharp to say the least.

[​IMG]