close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Sig SP2022

Discussion in 'The Sig Sauer Club' started by burntmypiston, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Just traded a ParaUSA GI Expert for a NIB Sig SP2022. Why are these guns not more popular? It fits my hand like a glove. It came with night sights. The trigger is one of the best I've ever felt on ANY pistol. I don't get it. Sig should be selling a boatload of these. I fired a full magazine through it and, like my previous Sigs, it recoiled like a 22. Sigs have to be the softest recoiling pistols, all other things being equal. I bought it to be my nightstand/truck/whatever else pistol that I would actually use and not just fondle, but I'm already worrying about scratching it up. Why can't I just use the damn thing and enjoy it LOL!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010

2. Warhorse

Warhorse

Jun 19, 2004
    MI
    I have read lots of glowing reports on them.
    But I have never shot, or even held one in person.

3. The SP2022 the most under appreciated gun in the SIG lineup.

4. I have to agree have one for sale on here and no inquiries. Even has 5 hi cap magazines with it.

5. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Just picked up one myself.

They're nice pistols. :)

6. sigking

sigking

Sep 6, 2009
    Jefferson, SC
    I just picked one up also. Feels great and has a better trigger than any of my other Sig's. I wish I had not waited to get one.

7. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Here's mine.

As polymers go, its a nice looking gun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Agreed, I don't think Sig did a good job marketing/pushing these guns, it has a great price point and is a very good shooter

9. gatorglockman

gatorglockman

Dec 27, 2008
    Alabama, USA
    Just bought one too. It is my first Sig. Came off the Sig assembly line in April 2010...and never made it to the general public. It has a "new" grip look vs the SigPro verbiage. I will try and get a pic taken and loaded this week.

I agree with all in the comments.....great ergos, Siglite night sights, good size/balance/lines. I am not crazy about the DA trigger, but the SA trigger is nice. I will get it cleaned up and to the range this week. For the price, I felt comfortable buying it.

Guess I finally....GOT SIG!!!

10. QuieTSToRM33

QuieTSToRM33

May 1, 2010
    South Florida
    Congrats ... I have one as well

11. gatorglockman

gatorglockman

Dec 27, 2008
    Alabama, USA
    Okay boys...took the new 2022 to the range today for the first run.

Ran it through 6 different stages I set up in the bay we had. Also shot some target groups. I am used to my Glocks, 1911's and my USP's...so I did not know what to expect. Very nice little pistol! Very good accuracy. Recoil was mild. The only thing I had to get used to was the long DA initial trigger pull and allowing the trigger to reset. Other than that, it was a treat to shoot. The SA trigger was very nice indeed.

This is my first Sig and I have to say, at the price point of the 2022.....I was very very pleased with the performance and features. Once broken in, I would feel comfortable CCW'ing it or leaving it for my wife (once she shoots it/trains with it of course). I will be back for more SIG.

12. Gary1911A1

Gary1911A1

Jun 14, 2005
    Ohio for now
    You my friend made a good trade when you traded a Para GI Expert for the Sig. Good for you!