close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Sig Sauer Ultra 1911 3.5" - Anyone Report on Reliability?

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by GhettoSmack, Jan 2, 2012.

1. I am interested in purchasing a Sig Sauer Ultra 1911 w/ 3.5" barrel for concealed carry.
    http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/1911-ultra-two-tone.aspx

Does anyone have one? If so, how reliable has it been? Meaning: how many shots fired, how many malfunctions and with what ammo.

Comparing the Sig to other Officer size 1911's, the Sig has great features for the money. But I won't carry it unless I know how reliable it is considering small-frame 1911's have a reputation for being "finicky".

Spare the "just buy brand XXXX and don't worry about reliability" comments. I appreciate your feedback!

2. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    I don't have any experience with Sig 1911's, but I know they make quality firearms and that's not a bad looking little gun, with many features that I like in a CC 1911. If you like it, then I say go for it. :thumbsup:

3. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Mar 13, 2001
    Not a chance
  4. I have a sig rcs and have put several thousand rounds thru it. Great gun with no problems.

5. PawDog

PawDog NRA Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Big Thicket, Texas
    When the Sig 1911's first hit the market, I didn't care for them. But, after handling them a the gun shows, I've grown to like their designs. The quality of the construction is also much higher than other 1911's in the $900.00, price range.

6. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts