close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Sig Sauer 290RS

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by TJ Superfly, Jan 19, 2013.

1. TJ Superfly

TJ Superfly

Dec 30, 2012
    Just purchased a new Sig 290RS. I was hoping Glock would come out with a smaller single stack 9mm. I couldn't find an M&P Shield anywhere, so I saw one of these and bought it. Does anyone have any thoughts on the 290RS? Came with a Laser and two mags plus a holster which I probably won't use.

2. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    I have the non -RS version. It had some issues initially which Sig took care of. Since then it has worked fine and is easyier to shoot than its size would seem to indicate for me anyway. It has not been ideal for pocket carry with some pants.

3. TJ Superfly

TJ Superfly

Dec 30, 2012
    I'm curious what people have to say about Restrike trigger system on the Sigs.

4. rdbjr57

rdbjr57

Jun 14, 2006
    Western Kentucky
    Like Bruce M I have the non RS model. I got it used a few weeks ago and I love the way it shoots! :supergrin:

5. WarEagle32

WarEagle32

Mar 15, 2011
    Alabama
    I agree totally with these guys. I love mine. Great gun, especially as a summer time gun. I use it every day in warm weather and it will run any ammo very well. IMO it is a very good gun that gets a bit overlooked compared. To the guns in its category.

6. the RS I tried at Gander Mountain the other day had a buttery smooth if not a bit heavy and long trigger...nothing that would keep me away from buying one...

Bill

7. TJ Superfly

TJ Superfly

Dec 30, 2012

I wouldn't consider it a pocket gun. Nice IWB size, in my opinion.

8. LoadToadBoss

LoadToadBoss IYAAYWOT

Apr 24, 2008
    Northwest Louisiana
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  9. WarEagle32

WarEagle32

Mar 15, 2011
    Alabama
    It's a pocket gun for sure as long as you have a pretty big pocket. The best time to carry it is with a pair of shorts but it is a pocket pistol. Put one on a counter right next to a Ruger LCP and you will see just how close they are in size. It's not much bigger, by volume.

10. Legacy Shooters

Legacy Shooters

Jul 18, 2012
    Georgia
    I'm in the market to get me one. I shot one at the range the other day and fell in love with it. I think i will be a gun I alternate back and forth with my shield 9

11. TJ Superfly

TJ Superfly

Dec 30, 2012
    Ran 100 rounds through it today at the range. I'm not a fan of the double action trigger. If this was the only handgun I had, I could get used to it. It's way different then anything else I have. Very hard to get the feel of when the hammer is going to drop.