close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Sig price question

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by MoneyMaker, Mar 20, 2012.

1. MoneyMaker

MoneyMaker

Feb 16, 2009
    I have a NIB Never fired Sig Sauer P226 9mm with all factory papers,test target,Keil Germany Proof Marks,had it since new 1997 and put in safe,15 rnd mag and a 10 rnd mag , 100 percent new condition and guys are telling me its only worth $400-$500,what is the value of the pistol on the market seeing you cant just get these anymore ???????

2. MoneyMaker

MoneyMaker

Feb 16, 2009
    here is a picture

Attached Files:

3. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Jun 5, 2010
    Who is saying this, a brand new Sig that a dealer would get is about $580 to $620 depending on factors like how many, shipping, mags , rail (some prefer no rail), night sights (most if not all are coming from the factory with night sights now) and other things.

So if you have the old style dot over bar and no rail a FFL will offer you about $500 and pawn shop will offer you about $400. They in turn will sell the gun for about $650 to $700 but it will take some time to sell one reason its harder to move is because of the lack of nights sights which are about $100 not including install. And with the popularity of the rail. You may get some love because its an older German Sig but I don't have access to a Firearms blue book anymore and without seeing it, I cannot give a more exact quote.

However, if you GunBroker or private sell, as a judgement call you should get about $600 for it on the low side.

My experience is as a former gun range/shop manager and worked for a Glock dealer. Good Luck

:50cal:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  4. If you actually tried to sell it for that price a fight would ensue from all the potential buyers out there (and count me in on that fight). Seriously, you could ask for $700 easily in my neck of the woods.

5. MarcDW

MarcDW MDW Guns Millennium Member

Oct 20, 1999
    Maine USA
    It's hard to tell, SIG ruined their prices with the CPO.
    Personally, I prefer the German slide with the internal extractor.
    I would start it out at $750 and see. You can always go lower.

6. 12131

12131 Monkeyboy CLM

Nov 17, 2006
    God's Country (Texas)
    Well, those guys are smoking crack. $700-$750 is more like it.

7. Curjo

Curjo

Feb 29, 2012
    Naw it's only worth $250, but I'll give ya $300 cause I'm a nice guy! Seriously though $700 sounds about right.

8. MoneyMaker

MoneyMaker

Feb 16, 2009
    yeah it was kellyfirearms as like i said its been in my safe since new and i was wanting around $750-$800 and wanted to trade him for one of his AR15 rifles and few extra mags,Since his rifles are just part rifles and he buys in bulk and they have no resale value i figured with his marked at $690 for the build i could do the trade,He came back with this i can buy them all day long for $400,sure would like to see that as police trade in P6 junk are $350

9. MoneyMaker

MoneyMaker

Feb 16, 2009
    Well i may list it here in the classifieds and run it for a week,then if no buyers then i will just take it out and shoot it for the very 1st time since i bought it in 1997 and tucked it away.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  10. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Jun 5, 2010
    You may get better luck here

http://sigforum.com/eve/ubb.x?a=cfrm&s=674608412

:50cal:

11. MoneyMaker

MoneyMaker

Feb 16, 2009
    well i registered over there but it seems they are in no hurry for new members

12. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    My guess is that whatever value you might loose in shooting fifty or a hundred rounds through it will be more than offest by the enjoyment of shooting it. You might even decide it is worth keeping. Best of luck.