close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Sig P6 Questions

Discussion in 'The Sig Sauer Club' started by thegriz18, Jan 3, 2010.

1. thegriz18

thegriz18 Paper Killer

Jun 17, 2007
    Friend Zone
    I am picking up my October 1983 W. German P6 tomorrow. What are the major differences between the P225 and P6? The feed ramp? From what I understand the two are basically the same pistol. Can someone fill me in? Thanks!

2. ace73

ace73

Nov 7, 2006
    S.E. MICHIGAN
    the only difference between a P6 & P225 is the cut hammer and a heavier main spring...
    both were required for the german police. every thing alse is the same. the feed ramp
    had a design change (mid to late '80's??).
    i have a Feb '79 P6 and have not had any problems with it! and i shoot Gold Dots thru it.
    if you ever need spare parts, check out Top Gun Supply...http://www.topgunsupply.com/
    great company to do business with!!
    hope you enjoy your P6!!!!

3. G33

G33 Frisky! Millennium Member CLM

May 29, 1999
    With G29
    Agree on hammer and spring.
    You can change out the spring with Wolfe spring kit.

My P6 is a tack driver.
    Feels great in the hands.
    :supergrin:

4. thegriz18

thegriz18 Paper Killer

Jun 17, 2007
    Friend Zone
    Thanks. I Understand that changing the main spring is rather complicated. any good reference sources for this?

5. hdbob

hdbob

Nov 8, 2009
    I got one last month...shot about 150 rnds thru it..NICE... Flawless.. IM leaving it the way it is.... mine was made in 79, and the finish is really good..

6. I am plastic

I am plastic

Jan 5, 2010
    These things are fantastic. I wish I would have bought more whene they were cheaper, $260 range. Oh well.

A few weeks before Xmas, I taught my father how to shoot. There was 6 inches or so on the ground (and still snowing) and the only two guns that I could think of bringing in that wet environment was a G22 and the P6. He didn't like the Glock that much but loved the P6. It's not the best gun to teach a novice with (trigger pull weight) but he did very well. I'm waiting for him to ask for it.

7. joshs74nova

joshs74nova

May 11, 2009
    Changing the hammer spring is easy. Just buy the chris ordnorff dvd and the sig tool. Wolff makes replacement springs. I own two P6's. There is a reason I own more than one, their awesome!

8. thegriz18

thegriz18 Paper Killer

Jun 17, 2007
    Friend Zone
    I didn't see the tool on TGS. Is it on there? What is it called?
    Thanks

9. redstar

redstar Live to shoot

Jan 28, 2010
    Carolinas
    Another difference between the P6 and the 225 is the magazine release. The Swiss 225's have the heel magazine release, which is rather impossible to release with one hand. I bought my first 225 (already had a P6) from TGS a few weeks ago when they had a sale on "fair grade" models.

10. thegriz18

thegriz18 Paper Killer

Jun 17, 2007
    Friend Zone
    My P6 has the "normal" mag release. I almost grabbed a P220 in 9mm with the old heel release, but it was beat up pretty badly and the P6 was in better shape.