close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

SIG P229ED Issue

Discussion in 'The Sig Sauer Club' started by SPIN2010, Dec 5, 2011.

1. SPIN2010

SPIN2010 Searching ...

Mar 14, 2010
    On the move ... again!
    Hey All!

I am looking for some feedback from those who have worked with metal (i.e. machining and coatings) and have some experience with SIG firearms too.

Problem: I have a replacement P229ED that (IMHO) shows the same irregularities as the original P229ED that chewed its' frame rails up in under one hundred rounds. I have not shot the replacement (as I sent these same picts and video to SIG) and waited for a reply from SIG.

The reply I got back from SIG customer service was unexpected verbage to address the issue with the customer service manager (who has never returned a call/email from the original problem in early November). The replacement P229ED was sent from the custom shop by a guy I know is top notch.

Original problem pict:
    http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m599/SPIN1963/DSCN0484.jpg

Replacement video:
    http://s1133.photobucket.com/albums/m599/SPIN1963/?action=view&current=DSCN0528.mp4

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  2. Is that pick skipping over a burr in the rail, or am I imagining things?

3. SPIN2010

SPIN2010 Searching ...

Mar 14, 2010
    On the move ... again!
    Hey Breadman! Yes, exactly ... this is the replacement I got back from SIG. Before I fire it, I figured that I would check the slide and that is why I made the video (it shows the probe, a dulled pick jumping over the irregularity). I believe it is the same thing that caused the rails to get chewed up in under one hundred rounds on the first P229ED that I returned.

I have never seen such stuff so, I am looking for a few takes on the problem.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011