close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Sig P229 - I call her Stella

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by MNSurvival, Mar 17, 2012.

1. MNSurvival

MNSurvival EDC Enthusiast

Feb 20, 2012
    Minneapolis
    Earlier this week I made a trip to my local gun shop to look around at some possible options for a new handgun:tongueout:.

What I do is put money aside (an extra $50 per week) specifically to buy new guns throughout the year. I had been nearing the $700 mark and it was an appropriate time to browse around at some potential options.

My intention was to find a handgun that I can have as an alternate to my Glock 23 that I EDC. I had been considering the M&P compact models (9mm or .40 S&W), the XD Subcompact, and Sig Sauer 239. However, while I was browsing the Sigs, I came across something that really caught my eye. I locked my eyes on a beautiful P229 chambered in .40s&w, and more specifically (the price tag of $619). I asked if I could take a look at it. I took it apart, looked it over, and after inspection it was in nearly brand new condition. It has the standard DA/SA trigger and stock sights. The next day I took it to the range and put 200 rounds trough it. It functioned great, was extremely accurate, and displayed that "Cadillac recoil" that we all love.

I figured I could wait a few more months to buy that "alternative edc gun" that I was initially looking for. It's just not everyday that you come across a pricetag like that on a Sig P229 and I am happy with my decision.

I call her Stella. :whistling:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  2. Pics or it didn't happen.:tongueout:

Seriously, nice gun. and just to avoid the same response, here's a pic of mine:

[​IMG]

3. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    :needspics:

4. MNSurvival

Feb 20, 2012
    Minneapolis
    I just snapped a couple pictures with my iphone. Also a revolution rag and slight plug for ron paul :)

Youtube isn't allowing me to upload videos today for some reason, but I have a (5 minute show and tell video) that I'll be posting onto the MNSurvival youtube channel in the coming days. (or as soon as youtube fixes their issue).

Attached Files:

5. MNSurvival

Feb 20, 2012
    Minneapolis
    I'm not sure why the pictures are upside down. Lets try this again.

Attached Files:

6. ratf51

ratf51

Aug 6, 2010
    NW GA
    Looks good! But are going to be able to shoot it upside down like that? :supergrin::rofl::wavey:

7. tim12232

tim12232 Pistolero

Aug 15, 2011
    midwest
    not to jack this thread but where did you get those grips? Ive never seen those factory grips.....unless Im stupid:shocked: "which could be the case"

PS nice p229!

8. ratf51

ratf51

Aug 6, 2010
    NW GA
    OK, that's better! :supergrin:

9. MNSurvival

Feb 20, 2012
    Minneapolis
    Yeah, I'm kind of wondering where to get those too, I like the look of that gun.. A LOT!

10. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mar 25, 2008
    North East Ohio
    Good score! I love the Sig 229. It's my daily carry. It will serve you well for many years to come.

Congratulations! :wavey:

11. got2hav1

got2hav1

Apr 9, 2010
    Eastern NC
    I ran across one in 9mm at LGS and scooped it up. It came with an older Crimson Trace grip laser and was in very good condition. It is also as accurate as any gun I have ever shot. Congrats on a fine firearm, you are going to be pleased!:supergrin:

12. MNSurvival

Feb 20, 2012
    Minneapolis
    Nope, I live in Minneapolis!

13. 1911ES

1911ES

May 3, 2010
    Very nice choice.

I have had 3 SIG's over the past 3 or 4 years ... a 220, 225, and a 229. I have sold the others to help finance new pistols, but kept my favorite, the 229 ...... :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  14. MNSurvival

Feb 20, 2012
    Minneapolis
    Also I would like to add that it was a Red Box Certified Pre-Owned.

According to Sig Sauer, It has a 1 year warranty - and they are trade ins from different law enforcement agencies.

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/certified-pre-owned-sig-sauer.aspx

The one downfall was that it only came with 2 magazines.

15. barth

barth six barrels

Oct 7, 2011
    The Free Zone
    I was trolling a LGS and came across a pristine Sig Sauer P239/357 for $550.00.
    Made the mistake of picking it up and I just couldn't put it down - LOL.
    Recoil like a 9mm and shoots like a laser.
    I did learn my lesson though.
    And refuse to pick up and hold a Walther PPQ. At least for a while...
    [​IMG]

16. IrvJr

IrvJr

Mar 31, 2000
    nice purchase!

i bought a used sig p229 (9mm) a couple of years ago on an impulse. i love it. the 229 is a really nice shooting pistol.

17. I just called SIG and placed an order. They weren't cheap but damn are they nice.