Sig German vs US

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by wolf19r, Jun 19, 2012.

1. i collect w german P series Sig Sauer handguns. my shooters are w german as well; personal preference that is largely based on my history with the w german variants.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. professorpinki

professorpinki Bumbling idjit

My Exeter-made SIG ran flawlessly.

3. The hammer started to drop from single action several times. I don't think that was a good example to use.

4. wolf19r

wolf19r Problem Solved!

Found a German P228 lots of holster wear made in 96 and I picked up a 2010 P226 Navy US made. So far both shoot great!

5. As others have said early Exeter SIG's are fine. I have 6 SIGS. Two early Exeter models (239, 229) and 4 German guns. Since Mr. Cohen took over the quality has dropped. You can still get a good new SIG. The chance for a lemon are much greater than in earlier guns though.

6. Beside the minor slide to frame fitting difference (Older Sig fits tighter from my experience). And of course the design difference, they shoot just the same. I'm still prefer the older none rail Sig though.

I can't tell you if there are any difference within W. Germen and US models. I think they are just the difference between forged carbon steel vs milled stainless steel.

7. dnuggett

dnuggett PRO 2A

I have US, German, German framed etc. I've personally seen no discernable accuracy or quality variance between them.

8. wolf19r

wolf19r Problem Solved!

Is the German frame steel? Its very light? Vs the US made one feels like steel weight wise.

9. panzer1

panzer1 NRA MEMBER

Its looks like it was pimped!

10. panzer1

panzer1 NRA MEMBER

When did this guy take over? Thanks

11. I have a German 226 in 9mm and a USA 226 in .40/.357. They're both fantastic, accurate, and totally reliable. The only difference is that new E2 grip is AMAZING. :)

12. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member
    Lifetime Member

I have a U.S. P229 and a W. German P220. Both are great guns.