close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

SIG C3 customizing?

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by infiniti0505, Dec 4, 2010.

1. infiniti0505

infiniti0505
    Expand Collapse

I recently purchased a brand new Sig C3 and I would like to customize the gun perfectly for my needs and comfort. I'm fairly new to the 1911 world and I would like to have some input on customizing this pistol. What mods are most common and most beneficial? I would like to replace the grips first with some more aggressive grips. What grips do you guys use on your 1911's? Then I would like to have a smoother trigger pull also. Any other advice? Also are there any good books on 1911 customization? I'm sorry if this is a noob question, but you have to start somewhere.
    Also this pistol will be mostly for range use, but also for home defense.
    Thank you in advance!

2. Quack

Quack
    Expand Collapse
    Rent this space

Jerry Kuhnhausen 1911 Workshop Manual Vol.1

grips, i prefer full checkered Cocobolo grips from Ahrends.
    other good grips can be had by VZ and Larry Davidson

trigger job is just a few stones and a jig away. i use the Ed Brown sear jig.

3. woodrowNC

woodrowNC
    Expand Collapse

thanks quack for reminding me that i've wanted the kuhnhausen manual for 20 yrs +. just came in the mail 2 days ago. no way you can read that and not learn something. learn alot that is. but i got vol 11. they were sold out of vol 1. need it too i guess.

4. custom2

custom2
    Expand Collapse

" I recently purchased a brand new Sig C3 and I would like to customize the gun perfectly for my needs and comfort."

YOU need to figure out what YOUR needs are before you change anything. Why do you need a trigger job? They come from the factory with EGW sears with the primary and secondary angles are pre-cut and the hammer hooks are mated to the sear by hand. Trigger pull is usually around 4.5 pounds from the factory.

Your gun is a series 80 design and there is usually a little roughness during trigger take up due to the firing pin safety spring.

What's wrong with the way it came?

#4 custom2, Dec 5, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2010