close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Sig 522?

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by Fire_Medic, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher CLM

May 19, 2008
    The Gunshine State
    Has anyone else here shot one or own one? I had the chance yesterday evening to shoot one for the first time and I was VERY impressed. I've been wanting a 22LR rifle to tinker with and warm up the wife to the idea of shooting my AR. Figured with the 22 I can get her use to controls and what not with minimal recoil. This thing does not kick at all, and it's a damn tack driver. The guy that let me shoot it has a Truglo Red dot on it and it was tons of fun.

I haven't seen too much in the forums here on it so wanted to get some feedback. I like the balance, accuracy, and the controls.

Am debating between this or an M&P-22 rifle.

Thanks for your time. :wavey:

2. GlockPride

GlockPride Glock 23

Aug 21, 2006
    Just OK
    I own neither. I do own three AR's, so an M&P 15-22 is on my short list. Might pm M2Carbine since I think he owns both.

3. venenoindy

venenoindy

Jul 13, 2004
    Indianapolis
  4. WUSSCVR

WUSSCVR

Mar 22, 2008
    Beavercreek, OH
    Hey man,
    I have no experience with the 522 but I really really like my 15-22. I know there are those who report problems but mine has been perfect on a steady diet of Federal Bulk Pack. Plus I accessorized the s**t out of it!

A few pics for your viewing pleasure. . .
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Glocks&Ducs

Glocks&Ducs

Apr 24, 2004
    It's been discussed around these parts before. But S&W has had its share of failures also. Both of these rifles are fairly new designs, I think the bugs have been pretty much worked out of both of them, especially since we know what to look for and since the company is standing by their product. Either rifle is a good buy.

6. Glocks&Ducs

Glocks&Ducs

Apr 24, 2004
    That is pretty sweet. Did you zero your back up sights? If so, at what distance?

7. I own both, but prefer the Sig 522 if only because I can get shorter mags for it which makes shooting from a bench or prone much more comfortable.

I've had no issues with either one.

[​IMG]

8. Glocks&Ducs

Glocks&Ducs

Apr 24, 2004
    The only thing I don't like about the SIG is the mags. I guess I got spoiled by the loading assist buttons on the S&W and GSG mags. Are you using anything to assist loading the mags? Although not physically difficult, I find it very irritating trying to load them.

9. Flipz

Flipz

Nov 9, 2009
    Maryland
    I use the Christie's Black Dog Mag Loader. Works great.

I did hear that Maglula is working on a loading device for the Black Dog AR style mags.

10. Tucson_1

Tucson_1

Feb 19, 2009
    You mentioned that you were looking for something that might help the wife warm up to the idea of shooting an AR. If that's the case I would recommend the S&W. I have one and I've had good luck with it. The up side is that it has all the controls in all the right places so once she learns how to shoot the S&W she'll know how to shoot the AR. No relearning the controls when she transitions...

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  11. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher CLM

May 19, 2008
    The Gunshine State
    Thanks for your input. She was able to shoot a friends Ruger 10/22 and liked it. So I might be buying one of those for now and waiting on a tactical rifle type 22 for the time being.

12. DriBak

DriBak GUNS UP Millennium Member

Jul 4, 1999
    West Texas
    [​IMG]
    It's my favorite tacticool .22, especially with the Trijicon and suppressor, I have since also added the MI folding front sight

13. billwade

billwade

Nov 28, 2004
    PA
    I have 4000 trouble free rounds out of my 522.