sig 1911 xo,1 of 250

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by jushoffman, Sep 6, 2012.

1. I have recently acquired a sig 1911 xo. it is engraved 1 of 250, I am having a hard time finding any up to date information on the pistol. I would like to know if this is considered a collectors piece, what it is valued at, if i should use it as an everyday shooter or keep it in the safe. any information would help.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 jushoffman, Sep 6, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  2. Shoot it.

3. Disregarded9-side

Disregarded9-side Armchair IPSCer

Pop off.

E: The XO Black on the Sig website looks like it's meant to be run, looks nice.

I would call Sig and give them the serial number to find out why yours' may have been numbered at the factory.

Shoot it a lot.

#3 Disregarded9-side, Sep 6, 2012
  4. I had one and it was a great pistol. Mine was very accurate and a well made gun but there is no collecter value that I know of. Just shoot it you will love it.

P.S. My gun was the softest shooting 1911 I have ever shot and I have shot a few.

Doyle

#4 DRJ1911, Sep 6, 2012
  5. kirgi08

kirgi08 Southern Rogue.
    Silver Member

6. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan
    CLM

It's a Sig 1911, it will never be a collector piece.
    Shoot it!

7. Shoot it man....SHOOT IT!

8. Too funny. But most likely true.

Whenever I'm in the "Used" market; I'd rather see some holster wear, some scratches (a.k.a. beauty marks), and know that "this" particular piece was in-service for somebody.

But that's just me.

I have a beautiful new Sig Nightmare in .45acp. Already in a holster and already shot almost 700 rounds already. I didn't buy it for "pretty".

Good luck with YOUR choices.

9. A Sig 1911 collector's piece?

Seriously?

10. Yeah, they're great shooters and good quality 1911s, but will never be collector's items.

I don't think anything Sig builds in the states will ever have any collector's appeal.

11. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan
    CLM

Yes, the Sig 1911s are great shooters!