close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Sig 1911 C3

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Ruble Noon, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Feb 18, 2009
  2. I looked at one just the other day. Seemed like a very nice pistol. I haven't really heard much one way or another about them though.

3. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Sig 1911s function fine these days.

The very early models were problematic.

4. I have a sig RCS (pretty much the same thing) that I have carried for the past two years as an off duty gun. If it wasn't a great gun I wouldn't carry it. I really love the gun. Shoots great, accurate, no problems.

5. dakota359

dakota359

Jul 10, 2009
    Don't listen to all the BS about how bad Sig 1911's suck. They had early problems but they are now extremely reliable. I like them more than Kimbers but that is MY opinion others will have theirs.

6. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    You carrying the GC on and off-duty now?

7. remat

remat

Mar 19, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    This is my experience and opinion too. I really like the C3 specs. Have not seen one in real life though.

8. No the GC is for Bomb squad, usually open carry and to and from work. The sig RCS is for plain clothes cause it has the smaller frame and with a comp tac IWB holster it all but disappears. My on duty gun is a sig 229 in 40 cal. Not allowed to carry the GC but I would in a heart beat.

9. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    Sig 229 + .40 = bliss

Had one. The only other .40 I'd rather have is the HK P30S.

10. Yeah, I really like it. We have had no problems with them at all.

11. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

From what I've read, folks have issues finding a holster that fits the frankenSig 1911, and I think there are better 1911 options. And you know I am a strong Sig P/X Series advocate.

12. Really? My RCS fits just fine in a comp tac MTAC holster. I guess I got luck when I picked a holster.:cool:

13. jtkimber45

jtkimber45

Jan 15, 2010
    We tried to put a Sig 1911 in a standard 5" 1911 Safariland 6280 and it didn't fit.

14. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

Congrats! :cool:

15. Zander_Sig

Zander_Sig

Feb 15, 2012
    Hey guys, how's it going? [​IMG] I saw the post on here by lawdog and was wanting to ask a question.

I was looking for a IWB holster for my Sig 1911 RCS (here is the link to my sidearm that I have)
    HTML:
    www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/1911-rcs-two-tone.aspx
    I contacted Comp-Tac to ask them which IWB holster to buy and they sent me this email back

"Sir,

The Sig 1911s are unique to those of a mil spec 1911. Unfortunately, we do not have any holsters that will accommodate for the 1911's made by Sig.

I am sorry we could not help you out with your holster needs at this time. You should try our friends over at www.blade-tech.com. If you have any questions, please, contact us.

Thank you,
    Leann
    "

So..... in the reply that lawdog made here
    HTML:
    http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1243276
    he said this

"lawdog734

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cobra64
    From what I've read, folks have issues finding a holster that fits the frankenSig 1911, and I think there are better 1911 options. And you know I am a strong Sig P/X Series advocate.

lawdog734: Really? My RCS fits just fine in a comp tac MTAC holster. I guess I got luck when I picked a holster."

So I was just wondering which IWB holster did you order that fit the Sig 1911 RCS? I have the new one that just came out last year... what did you pick on the Comp-Tac website? I was going to order this one (http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=95) but don't know what to pick in the pull down menu? 3", 4", 5", 1911 Slide, etc? How well does your Sig fit in it?

Thanks for the help! [​IMG]

[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Why would Comp-Tac tell me this if Lawdog's fits fine? I am wanting to stay with Comp-Tac cause I have so many different kydex bodies now and they are interchangeable with the leather holster part (unlike crossbred's holsters)...

I mean how much could it be off?

Thanks all for the help... :)

16. Zander_Sig

Zander_Sig

Feb 15, 2012
    I just got my new MTAC holster today, going to try it out tonight and see how it fits my Sig 1911 RCS... I will reply back with results.

17. Zander_Sig

Zander_Sig

Feb 15, 2012
    Yea, the holster I got works pretty freaking Good! Thank all!

18. CA Escapee

CA Escapee Finally!

Feb 15, 2012
    As of today, 4/2 the auction is over but, I will say this. I've got a full size GSR Revolution, (2nd version of SiG's 1911,) with an external extractor and the pistol works 100%.

Holsters can be a pain because some of the SiG 1911 slides have have the profile of their classic "P" series pistols which isn't the same as a 1911 on the top of the slide. On the flip side of that coin their Traditional model 1911's do have a slide like John Browning's 1911.

Bill