close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sig 1911 -- anyone with experience?

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Gene Pool, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Gene Pool

Gene Pool
    Expand Collapse

Gentlemen,

Does anyone have first hand experience with Sig 1911 pistols? I am considering Sig's commander size pistol with alloy frame for carry.

Thank you,
    Gene Pool

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. ilgunguygt

ilgunguygt
    Expand Collapse
    Enslaved in IL

I have a sig GSR Revolution, one of the earlier ones with the manhole cover on the slide. Its been a great gun for me. When I first got it had a couple fail to feeds then I took out the shock buffer that the previous owner had installed. I have put several hundred trouble free rounds through it since.

3. bac1023

bac1023
    Expand Collapse

They are solid 1911s.

4. shockglock

shockglock
    Expand Collapse

I have a Sig 1911 RCS and i love it. Feels great in the hand and shoots fantastic. Haven't worked it into my carry rotation yet, but will as soon as I get another range session in with it.

5. glock2740

glock2740
    Expand Collapse
    Gun lover.

I have a Tac Ops and so far like it alot. :cool:

[​IMG]

6. Ferdinandd

Ferdinandd
    Expand Collapse

Yes- I bought a Sig Traditions model reverse 2-tone in December. Highly accurate with lead and jacketed ammo so far. The guys at the shop where I picked it up wanted to check it out, so I let them and they seemed genuinely impressed- they've seen more 1911's than I have. I've owned a few. 45's and the Sig is a great value. I can see myself buying another soon.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

7. str8tshooter

str8tshooter
    Expand Collapse

I have had a commander size in all ss for about a year. I love it. It is solid and tight, and more accurate than I will ever be. You can't go wrong with it.
    SS

8. silversport

silversport
    Expand Collapse

a Revolution with the manhole cover???...I thought getting rid of that was part of the Revolution...

...my GSR Revolution STX has been a nice 1911 pattern pistol...about my favorite but I send most of mine out to have some work done to them...

Bill

9. spcwes

spcwes
    Expand Collapse

We have a classic tac-ops and my wife carries a Sig commander size in stainless and they have both ran flawlessly since we purchased. The first 10 mags I fired were packed with mixed ammo including ball, cci speer gold dots, ranger t's and golden sabers. Good weapons but rest assured Sigs customer service is pretty damn good as well. If there is an issue they will take care of you.

10. Gene Pool

Gene Pool
    Expand Collapse

Thank you, gentlemen. I just bought a Sig 1911 C3 Two Tone. It is the same size, shape, and weight as the Smith that I liked so well and gave my son. Your words have been a great help and blessing to me.

Gene

11. ilgunguygt

ilgunguygt
    Expand Collapse
    Enslaved in IL

Apparently not, lol. On the left side of the slide mine says "GSR SiGARMS stainless" on the right side under the ejection port it says "Revolution" and "SiGARMS GSR" closer to the muzzle. I have had lots of conflicting data given to me on these guns as far as when sig started and stopped certain things. Lots of people claim reliability problems with certain serial ranges, etc. Mine has a relatively low serial number its in the 4600 range. Runs like a champ and its one accurate pistol.

[​IMG]

#11 ilgunguygt, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  12. silversport

silversport
    Expand Collapse

looks like you have one of those without MiM and the older style trigger too and it appears the earlier ACT mags...nice...

...mine has been great as well but is about double your serial number (late 2006 IIRC)...thanks!

[​IMG]

Bill

#12 silversport, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  13. Bufford

Bufford
    Expand Collapse

Awwww, C3 - That's the one I let get away. A buddy and I seem to trade several guns back and forth. I traded him my C3, now the bum wont even talk about trading back.
    Enjoy!!!

14. GOOFA

GOOFA
    Expand Collapse

My Nightmare has been flawless since day 1. A nice piece for the price.

[​IMG]

15. ilgunguygt

ilgunguygt
    Expand Collapse
    Enslaved in IL

Thats a pretty sweet gun too! How did it take you to get used to the grip safety? Its definately different than the safety on any of my other 1911s. at first it kinda irked me, but after a while, it just felt normal.

16. silversport

silversport
    Expand Collapse

exactly that...it IS different but after shooting it for a bit, no issues...for me it is similar to going between 1911 pattern pistols with the A1 Main Spring Housing and the flat 1911 housing...

Bill

17. ca survivor

ca survivor
    Expand Collapse

very nice.

18. tango44

tango44
    Expand Collapse

Love my Sig Scorpion carry! No problems at all!

19. mad220860

mad220860
    Expand Collapse

Love my sig tac op traditional! Amazing gun and very well made as you would expect from a sig [​IMG]

20. Snaps

Snaps
    Expand Collapse
    Hail 2 The King

another tac ops owner here.

I love that gun, if you can get past the external extractor it's a hell of a choice.