close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

SI Defense

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Jack Greenwell, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Jack Greenwell

Jack Greenwell

Dec 7, 2007
    Texas
    I have been waiting for my Lower/upper matched set for 13 weeks now. I was qouted 6-8 weeks for a timeframe. I was wondering if anyone else has order and received theirs in the past couple months. I am trying to decide if it is worth it to wait or if I should cancel and order elsewherel.

If you have worked with them in the past leave a review, I could use any info good or bad.

2. K. Foster

K. Foster

Feb 19, 2002
    Mo.
    Have you tried contacting them?
    My advice is cancel and buy from a company with a widely known reputation for quality.

3. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    I would avoid. They are an aircraft parts company that got into
    firearms machine works to turn a buck. Over priced, out of spec
    new company just trying to get your cash.

As Foster suggested, order from a company with a solid reputation.

4. Jack Greenwell

Jack Greenwell

Dec 7, 2007
    Texas
    When you say out of spec what do you mean? What should I look for? The thing I worry about is starting from square one with a new company, if I knew of a company that had them in stock I would do that.

5. humanguerrilla

humanguerrilla

Jul 25, 2006
    the woods
    I built on one of their billet .308 lowers a few years ago. I remember waiting on it for a good while but I've been impressed. They have since changed their designs and don't seem to have the lightweight options anymore (except for the $$$ titanium ar). It was the first 308 lower I had seen with a tension screw.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  6. K. Foster

K. Foster

Feb 19, 2002
    Mo.
    Look for an established company that lists their spec’s. The type of steel they use for their bolts and barrels. Are they high pressure tested and magnetic particle inspected? Do they have a reputation for standing behind their product? Read through this forum, including the sticky’s and go to M4c.net and read over their stuff.
    Don’t be in to much of a hurry. For the moment, none of the gun control stuff is passing. We are going to see more availability in the future.

7. Jack Greenwell

Jack Greenwell

Dec 7, 2007
    Texas
    I did cancel my order, and now have a forged rec. set on the way. I only needed the receiver set to have a complete rifle. I will have the set in early next week and can't wait to put it together.