Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

  • Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description


Discussion in 'Veteran's Forum' started by Bill Powell, Jul 11, 2004.

  1. Bill Powell

    Bill Powell Cross Member CLM

    Mar 10, 2002
    dallas, tx
    As I stated before, when I was in Korea I was in Munsan-ni, about four or five miles south of Panmunjum. Well, just south of Munsan there was a small airfield, 15 th Aviation Company auxilliary field. On that field was a top secret hangar. What was secret about it was what was in it. It contained the division commander's Otter, and his Huey, his high gloss olive drab, with black leather interior, and chrome yellow first cav insignia Otter and Huey.

    Well, one day our little sky diving club was at this airfield, having a meeting before a jump session. One of 15 th Aviation Company's sections was a drone unit, with the launch rails mounted on the back of a five ton truck. He whipped in and set up, being really cool, and making sure we were watching. When his little dog and pony show was finished, he fired up the motor on that drone, and lit the launch, AND MISSED CLEARING THE EAVE OF THAT HANGAR BY ABOUT TWO AND A HALF FEET. There were pieces of drone, and hangar wall, and assorted hardware all over that Otter and that Huey. They were scuffed up terribly, and had broken windows, and such like that. There never was a fire. Never did figure out the reason for that. We were laughing so hard we could not have rescued him if there had been a need.

    I know many of you have seen someone do something really stupid, and live to reap the reward.
  2. Butch

    Butch RetiredDinosaur Millennium Member CLM

    Dec 17, 1998
    As an MP during my active Army days, we had ‘Guard Mount’ at the beginning of each duty shift. It wasn’t a ‘regulation’ Guard Mount though, we fell in with our .45’s empty and holstered and after giving out assignments and any other info, the LT would say, ‘Load your weapons’, at which point we put the loaded magazine in the holstered weapon. We would then be ‘dismissed to stations’.

    After I’d been there for about a year we got a new CO who decided that we would begin having regulation Guard Mounts.

    A ‘regulation’ GM required the troops to have their empty .45’s in their right hand with the slide locked open for inspection and the loaded magazine displayed in the left hand.

    At out FIRST one, all went well, the LT went through and inspected everyone’s weapons as required, after which he gave the commands to close the slide, drop the hammer, load, and holster. We were then dismissed to stations.

    The mount room was about 30’ by 40’ and was all concrete/concrete block construction. I and numerous others left the room right away. I was about 15 feet down the hall when we heard ‘the POP’.

    Seems the LT had told one guy that he had too much oil in his weapon and, being a very conscientious guy, he had immediately locked the slide open after being dismissed and wiped some of the oil out of it while standing in front of and talking to another MP. He then lowered the muzzle, closed the slide, and pulled the trigger! Yeah, he forgot to remove the loaded magazine first.

    The bullet went through the gas mask on the left hip of the guy standing in front of the shooter and it was found on the floor in the supply room. (see picture) The blue spot is the guy that needed a new gas mask (and probably clean shorts), the red spot is the shooter, the red arrow is the direction in which the bullet was fired, and the red ‘X’ is where the bullet was found lying on the floor.

    There were probably 15 to 20 people in that 30’x 40’, all concrete room!

    No blood was spilled, but our first ‘Regulation Guard Mount’ was our last one.


  3. Garr

    Garr Be Prepared

    Jun 8, 2004
    Washington State
    No explosions or gunfire, BUT: several years ago at McChord AFB, WA on a Reserve weekend that included employer orientation day, everything was fine until about 1500 hours. We were standing on the flighline side of our maintenance building when some extremely intelligent Reservist (I am one, so I am not disparaging most of us) drove directly across the flightline in his personal vehicle with his employer in the passenger seat.

    The flightline expediter was standing there talking to us with a radio, so he called the tower who advised security forces had been notified. A moment later, multiple security forces units went shooting along behind the doofus all running code.

    At 1600 hours when we went to sign out at one of the hangars, the vehicle was parked right next to the building with crap scattered all over the pavement and the two occupants still face down on the pavement with a military working dog watching each of them as only a military working dog can do (a whole lot of chain pulling, snarling, and drool). Another dog (mayne a Malanois) was all over the inside of the vehicle.

    After sign out, we watched the dog and idiot show for half an hour until they escorted the subjects over to the SF building with a security forces Airman driving their vehicle. I still don't know who it was or if they are still in, but it was worth quite a laugh.
  4. Bill Powell

    Bill Powell Cross Member CLM

    Mar 10, 2002
    dallas, tx
    When I was stationed in Germany I drove for a tractor/trailer company, the 66th transportation company, part of 37 th trans-com. Our station was in Kaiserslautern. In our company we had a permanent weekday CQ, named Goins. As a transportation Co. we hauled a lot of munitions. One day, before I got to Germany, Goins was hauling about 30,000 lbs of aerial rockets to Ramstein AFB. To get to the ammo bunkers at Ramstein you drove across the end of the main runway, and turned right into the bunker area. Goins made his right turn one road too soon, and was driving down the center of the runway. After he ignored every other signal they sent a FOLLOW ME truck out and escorted him off the runway. They had just shut down the Runway for a crippled KC-135 that was about five minutes out. The Ramstein base commander said that if he ever saw that guy on his AFB again, he would personally take his weapon and shoot him. His permanent CQ status was not that drastic, cause that was not his first screw-up.