close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shouldnt anti-gunners be called traitors?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by umadcuzimstylin, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. umadcuzimstylin

umadcuzimstylin

Feb 1, 2013
    Texas
    I can understand accidentally going against the Constitution but intentionally going against the Constitution makes you a traitor.

2. SIG-SOG

SIG-SOG

Dec 23, 2009
    DFW
    And a POS.

3. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    I agree, but so far the Supreme Court has only found that the constitution gives you a right to own some kind of gun - not specifically anything they are trying to ban right now. Everything else is just our opinion.

Not to mention, we all oppose somebody's constitutional rights on some issue, whether it's the Westboro Baptists Church, the KKK, the Brady Campaign, Occupy ______, or the democrat party.

4. Blast

Blast 'nuff said

Aug 2, 2002
    NKY/Cincinnati area
    Liberals misinterpret the Constitution to fit their agendas.

5. devildog2067

devildog2067

Apr 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Be honest, conservatives do too.

6. umadcuzimstylin

umadcuzimstylin

Feb 1, 2013
    Texas
    Sophists gonna sophist.

7. umadcuzimstylin

umadcuzimstylin

Feb 1, 2013
    Texas
    Thats insane! It doesnt say in the 2nd amendment that you have the right to bear arms at the governments discretion.

8. Wolfdad

Wolfdad

Apr 19, 2011
    The philosophy of conservatism emphasizes liberty. The philosophy of liberalisim emphasizes control.

9. IhRedrider

IhRedrider Not a walker

Mar 28, 2011
    Well, to stand against the Constitution only makes your action illegal thus you are a criminal. To be found a traitor, the US would have to be at war. Oh wait, we do have the war on terrorism, the war on poverty, the war on drugs........ I wonder how much a good set of gallows cost.

10. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    Correct. My political philosophy imposes nothing on them. Their political philosophy imposes on me.

11. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Dec 28, 2000
    I don't know about traitors.

I prefer the descriptor "urinalysis taste testers", personally.

12. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Mar 26, 2003
    Specifically every politician, military person, police officer, judge, etc who swears an oath to protect and defend the constitution of the USA is a liar and traitor IF and when they decide the 2nd Amendment is only a convenience that can be bypassed.

Specifically, I wish folks like Holder, Obama, Cuomo, Schumer, et al could be charged and tried for crimes against the state, because really, their actions border on criminal.

Simply replace "2nd amendment" with "1st amendment" to see the point.

- G

13. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    It also doesn't say which arms you have a right to bear or how many or how big the magazine can be or when and where you can bear them. That is all left to court interpretation. Every right in the bill of rights is subject to government discretion - each one has a library full of law defining what the government can and cannot do, except for the 2nd Amendment, which doesn't have enough law to fill a smll notebook.

14. kensb2

kensb2 pistol n00b

Mar 19, 2012
    Apache, OK
    I thought that the 2A provides protection from the FED .gov regarding the RKBA, and basically left it up to the individual states to decide what weapons their citizens have. This makes the most sense to me, since the citizens are supposed to have weapons to defend their state from FED .gov tyranny. Why does the SCOTUS have to make this so complicated?

15. M&P Shooter

M&P Shooter Metal Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Phila, PA
    Yes, this administration belongs behind bars and I bet there's 4 Americans in their graves from Benghazi right now agreeing with me:crying:

16. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    No, the 2nd Amendment says you have a right, enforceable against the federal fgovernment only, to keep and bear arms. The supreme court said, recently, in McDonald, that the 14th Amendment means that the states are also not allowed to violate the 2nd Amendment. Nothing about the 2nd Amendment has ever said "this issue is reserved to the states."

The 10th amendment says "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people," but under the current interpretation of either the commerce clause or the taxing power, the feds have authority to regulate guns, expresssly delegated by the constitution.

17. arclight610

arclight610

Dec 2, 2009
    In United States v Miller in 1939, the Supreme Court ruled that the 2nd amendment only protected military style weapons commonly used in the military and militia at that time.

18. umadcuzimstylin

umadcuzimstylin

Feb 1, 2013
    Texas
    Exactly! It is written vague to not have restrictions not for the government to decide how they restrict you. It says you have the right to bear arms which means open carry any gun you want. It plainly says right to bear arms yet the government thinks it say right to bear arms according to your interpretation lulz.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  19. PhotoFeller

PhotoFeller

Nov 18, 2010
    SW Florida
    Bren- Please boil the Supreme Court's rulings on 2A down to the fundamental issue: Is it clear, in your judgement, that Congress can legislate bans against certain weapons and magazines?

20. SPIN2010

SPIN2010 Searching ...

Mar 14, 2010
    On the move ... again!
    You just have to look to NYS to see how effective that theory is. Can anyone really believe the STATE.GOV & FED.GOV are not kissing cousins? Just look to Katrina after action ... that was patriotic by all the LEO/NG/ACTIVE MIL wasn't it? GET FOR REAL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.