close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shoulder stock for Gen 4 G19?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Las Vegan, Apr 17, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Las Vegan

Las Vegan

Just as the title says: is anyone aware of a shoulder stock for the Gen 4 G19? I'm aware of the legal ramifications. Just wondering if such an item exists yet.

2. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

As far as I know there isn't one that fits Gen4's. You might be able to modify one of the stocks to fit into a Gen4, but it'd take time to make it fit right.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012

3. MikeG36

MikeG36

I think there's some weird law about that. Not sure it's worth the trouble if there is.

4. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

Endo Tactical says in their FAQ that their stock will work in a Gen4 "with some modification", but they have no instructions on how to do so.

Adding a stock to a Glock makes it into a Short-Barreled Rifle(SBR) and requires a tax stamp from the ATF. Attaching a foregrip alone turns it into an All Other Weapons(AOW) and requires its own tax stamp.

If you install a 16 inch barrel, you can then add a stock and a foregrip as you please without a tax stamp because it's then considered a standard rifle. I'm not sure if they've changed this rule, I know they were considering it, but once you covert a handgun into a rifle, it's can't be changed back. One of the things I've always been confused by is whether a Glock converted into a rifle falls under 922r compliance rules. A company in Austria, IGB, makes 16 inch Glock barrels.

The ATF calls them tax stamps instead of permits/registrations to avoid the Constitutionality of their regulation being challenged in court. They have a much stronger legal standing using Interstate Commerce as justification for their regulation.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  5. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict