close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Shoulder Holsters

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by JAS104, Dec 17, 2012.

1. HexHead

HexHead

Jul 16, 2009
    Hmmm, the Miami IIs I've seen have the mag holders horizontal instead of vertical.

2. HexHead

HexHead

Jul 16, 2009
    The attachment point for the strap at the muzzle end is different. On the Jackass, which is the original, the strap attaches under the muzzle. On the Miama Classics, both straps attach along the top of the holster.

3. attrapereves

attrapereves

Sep 11, 2011
    Midwest
    Does anyone else not feel comfortable wearing a shoulder holster because anyone behind you is getting muzzle swept? This is one of my reasons for not buying one.

I've seen shoulder holsters where the muzzle is pointed down, but they seem like they would be harder to draw from.

4. BADOS

BADOS

Oct 4, 2012
    Florida
    I believe the muzzle is pointed up in a Jackass and the butt is pointed down.

5. FullClip

FullClip NRA Benefactor CLM

Perhaps Andrews Leather and the Urban Safari rig??:

http://www.andrewsleather.com/usr.htm

Reminds me a little of the old "lifts and separates" tv ads for another type of "double holster" specifically for women...:supergrin:

6. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    For my money, Galco is the best. I have 3 and have used the Glock one since about 1989 or 90, on and off duty and as a civilian CCWer. I have very little interest in any shoulder holster that isn't a Miami Classic.

However, one of the minivanners in a pink pastel sweater will be along to throw out an "OMG, I'd never do that!!!" because the muzzle of the gun, strapped in and trigger coveered, is pointing behind you.

7. JAS104

JAS104 NRA Life Member

Apr 2, 2012
    USA
    MUZZLE SWEEP AHHHHHHH. Yeah my Miami classic is on the way. Can't wait to try it on.

8. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

Sep 30, 2006
    Hides well under a linen jacket.

9. sourdough44

sourdough44

Jul 23, 2007
    WI
    I like FIST & 'Black Hills Leather' shoulder holsters, been eying them up anyway. They are of the vertical type.

10. LAWDOGKMS

LAWDOGKMS

Jun 11, 2001
    TX
    Shoulder holsters are for Hollywood..

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  11. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

Dec 28, 2006
    Green Country
    Naw..........they're just like opinions and butt holes, ya know?:whistling:

12. Lone Wolf8634

Lone Wolf8634 :):

Dec 23, 2007
    Under the bus
    Everybody has one....they all stink... and no one really wants to hear any details about yours???:supergrin:

13. yellowhand

yellowhand

Feb 1, 2012
    Arizona
    Nope, they are for Temple services where sitting and standing, up and down about 20 times per hour exposes even the best belt holster, if not carefull, and the shoulder rig rides nice under a coat and easy to reach while sitting.
    Everything has a place, also better than an ankle holster with a snub nose 38Special five shot.
    Glock 32C vs SW 38, yea, the Glock everytime in a shoulder rig,,,,
    and a SW 38 in an ankle holster as a backup,
    Belt and suspenders:rofl:?