close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Shoulder holsters

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Scott3670, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Does anyone use a shoulder holster for EDC? I am thinking of getting a Galco one for occasional carry (I usually carry strong-side at 3 o'clock). FWIW. the holster would be for a Glock 26. Thanks for any information or opinions.

2. waltosha

waltosha

Jul 16, 2007
    I love the Galco Miami classic I've got 1 for everyone of my pistols

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

3. Haven't worn it in years but I still have a Miami Classic for my P228. When I was a deputy I carried my duty weapon (.357 revolver) in a Safariland vertical. It worked great with my down vest. (This was the 80s :) )

4. Mr. Blandings

Mr. Blandings

Jun 20, 2001
    Florida
    4Rules, the latest info available on the Detroit incident is indicating the officer's "40 Smith & Wesson service weapon" was carried in a waistband holster. Further explanation of exactly what happened is still lacking.

Scott3670, see if you can try one out before purchasing. I have a friend who used to routinely conceal his Glock 19 under a normal button down shirt using a GALCO Miami Classic (and it hid quite well), but mine always looks like I have a football under my arm & prints like crazy. The only way the shoulder holster works for me is in colder weather under a heavy jacket/coat thick enough to conceal the bulge.

5. HexHead

HexHead

Jul 16, 2009
  6. HexHead

HexHead

Jul 16, 2009
    My Galco Jackass works great under an open denim jacket or Trayvon style hoodie.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  7. Jack23

Jack23 I. B. Glockin'

Feb 10, 2005
    Deer Park, Texas
    In the cooler months I carry my G-36 in my Fist Inc custom made hand bone leather holster. It it a vertical carry and has no pesky thumb break or strap. Uses a "retention dimple" behind the trigger guard. one hand draw and reholster. Worlds better than the clunky cumbersom Miami classic and is much easier to conceal.

8. MadMonkey

MadMonkey Spershul Furces

Aug 18, 2010
    TX
    I've carried in a shoulder holster a little, but it's not the most comfortable for me. I like being able to slip my jacket/coat off when I'm sitting in a restaurant or wherever, so I carry owb mostly.

Side note: I've never seen so many badly adjusted and ugly shoulder holsters as i have here in Afghanistan. I know they're easy to slip on, but sheesh....

9. Just1More

Just1More

Mar 18, 2009
    If you like to muzzle innocent people all day, then go for it. Personally, if I knew I was staring down the barrel of a gun while standing in the grocery store line, I'd be PO'd.

Crocket and Tubbs were cool guys, but they were actors.

10. I am carrying a Glock 22 in a Miami Classic right now and i love it.