close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Shoulder Holster

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by dj_osbo, Feb 28, 2011.

1. dj_osbo

dj_osbo

Mar 26, 2010
    SW Ohio
    I know that there are a number of shoulder holster manufacturers and various designs. Today I saw an episode of Personal Defense TV where you were using a vertical shoulder holster, and I am interested in one. I primarily carry my GLOCK 27 in an IWB holster, but it would certainly be nice to at times carry either my 27 or my GLOCK 22 w/light in one. Do you have any personal favorites? Thanks!

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    I don't know of a shoulder holster that will carry a G22 and a light. (Doesn't mean there isn't one, just means I don't know of one.)

Your G27 is short enough that instead of a vertical shoulder holster, you might be better off with a true horizontal, riding high toward the armpit. Galco makes one or more of that style. Half a century ago, Chic Gaylord wrote that this was the fastest of all shoulder holster angles, and all these years later, I still haven't seen anything to contradict him.

Best,
    Mas

3. dj_osbo

dj_osbo

Mar 26, 2010
    SW Ohio
    Thanks! I always appreciate your insight and information.