close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Should we be Constitutional Carry?

Discussion in 'Bluegrass Glockers' started by rolltide_pisco, Jun 11, 2013.

1. rolltide_pisco

rolltide_pisco NRA Life Member

Mar 3, 2012
    Western Kentucky
    Had this question pop up at work. Since open carry is legal without CCDW but concealed requires, does it make sense just to go to constitutional carry anyways? CCDW still be given to whomever wants one.

I don't see a reason why we shouldn't. Every gun law in our state favors us

2. RWE

RWE

Sep 28, 2012
    KY
    Thought about this a while and... I don't know. As you stated we can open carry and we are a "shall issue" state but there are many out there that really should have a background run on them! Still thinking...

3. SDGlock23

SDGlock23 Glockoholic

I think it makes zero sense to be able to carry openly without a license but if your shirt covers it up you have to be licensed. The very idea that we have to have a license to carry concealed is unconstitutional, so yeah I think we should go constitutional carry.

4. RWE

RWE

Sep 28, 2012
    KY
    I may be wrong but my understanding is that open carry is legal here in that there are no laws for OR against it. (Besides the Second Amendment of course)

5. SDGlock23

SDGlock23 Glockoholic

It is legal to open carry here for sure, but to conceal carry you have to have a license which doesn't really make sense. I guess the question is, why are we required to be licensed when we have the right to keep and bear arms?