Should I switch from G26 to G19 for CCW?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by JDSilva87, Sep 4, 2012.

1. I use a Glock 26 (and S&W 642 also) for CCW.

[​IMG]

Get either a Pierce magazine finger extension or Glock +1 mag with a finger extension and it becomes quite comfortable.

And the shorter barrel is much easier to conceal in the appendix position as the butt is shorter. It is also more comfortable as it does not stick in your gut like a longer barrel will.

Deaf

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. What do you want to do? If you are like me, you will second guess yourself no matter which decision you make. If you go with the 19 (would be my decision) make sure all of the mags are metal lined and drop free. There are still some of the old mags out there,

3. i have a 26 and a 19 for me the 26 conceals better but i carry the 19 the most the 19 wears better has more ammo and is easier to shoot i would get both. the 19 is in my opinion is a better range gun also as far as the pocket pistol i tend to stay away from .380 just not my thing i feel a lot better with a 9mm it may be all in my head but to each his own when i need a pocket gun i reach for my keltech pf9 cheap life time warranty made in usa and i have had great luck with mine no probs what so ever when it comes to a bed side table gun that's where my 17L sits i have a comtac ctac i have 5 glock 9mms and they all work in the same holser

4. That is a point that is often missed. A good holster is $50.00 and up. Having to buy multiples is really expensive. A additional thing I like is magazine interchangeability.
    The 26 can use mags for the 17,18,19 and its own 26.

Sent via Mental Power

5. I have both (19 & 26). The 26 is by far the more flexible CCW weapon...especially IWB when driving or sitting a long time.

The 26 is every bit as accurate as the 19 at the ranges encountered in self-defense situations.

6. I know you're excited about carrying but why not focus on what you have right now rather than other guns.

Get the CCP and where your 26 for a month. You'll discover all kinds of idiosyncracys, likes/dislikes, preferences, etc.... Weather (read clothes), situations (bathrooms come to mind), what you want in a holster (IWB, OWB, Remora, etc.), can you draw it quickly and easily, what to do with it when you encounter a place that doesn't allow carry. There are all kinds of things to sort out so when and if you make another gun/holster/belt purchase, you're making an informed decision.

I 26 has worked out well for me with the XL extensions. My hands are large and the extensions make the gun much more comfortable to draw. If at the range, I can shoot it fine without the extensions but leave them on regardless. I carry it in an OWB Bianchi pancake with a 511 gun belt and it's very comfortable and with my broad shoulders , conceals well.

I also carry a 4" SP101 when going out in the field and while it's a much bigger gun, I wear it in cooler weather so the clothing covers it well. I do carry a couple of speed loaders when I have the SP just to bring the round count up to the same as the 26.

Here's a couple of pics just for fun...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Don't forget that you can use larger mags with the 26. It can be an inexpensive way to "experiment" with carrying a larger gun.

HTH

7. If you like your 26, keep it and buy either the Glock 12 round mags or a couple G19 mags. I have both and I almost always grab the 26 with 12 round mag for concealed carry, with a spare G19 mag in a pocket.

As for the LCP, I'm at a loss for the love of that gun. I'd choose the LC9 if I wanted a BUG/pocket gun.

I carry IWB in a Crossbreed supertuck, fits both great.

Just my $0.02

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway."
    -- John Wayne

8. There is your answer.

I use the sub-compacts as my main carry and J .38 when I just can't due to my attire.

Don't worry about 15 shots .vs 11 shots. Practice, practice, practice.

Deaf

#48 Deaf Smith, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  9. I consider my 23 and 27 as Winter and Summer wear. ;)

10. Louisville Glocker

Louisville Glocker Urban Redneck

I started with a G19, and got a G26 for carrying. Feels great, shoots great. I don't think I'd have any issues carrying my 19 daily, but I don't bother.

If I were you, definitely keep the 26. Forget the pocket pistol. Stick with 9mm. No reason you can't slap the G26 onto your belt even for a trip to the trash can. Just get a holster with a secure clip. Like the kydex ones from pjholster.com ...

Enjoy!

My two cents....

11. jim goose

jim goose "The Goose"

If you shoot it well, keep the 26. Then skip the 19 and get a 17 or 21.

12. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

It hits harder than the G26. It has a longer sight radius, and you can get a better grip on the G19. :cool:

#52 SCmasterblaster, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  13. As you can see, it's all about personal preference. I absolutely love the G19. With that said, I carry a G26 with a factory +2. To me, it's the perfect CCW. The +2 gives me great purchase, but prints less, and carries easier than a G19. I have large hands and the +2 makes all the difference for me.

Also, FWIW, I personally wouldn't trade a G4 anything for a G2 anything. Yeah, the 7 magazines sweetens the deal, but I'd rather have a G4.

14. i have a g26 and g19 lovem both carry in crossbreed supertuck like it better then my mtac minataur and my galco summer carry. Just my opinion though.

15. +1

Never sell! Save up and buy the 19.

I guarantee if you sell the G26 you will wind up just buying another 26 at some point down the road.

16. Big1

Like most have said I would keep the 26 and maybe later buy the 19, for me I can conceal the 19 with no problem. I have the 19, 30S, and the 27 with the right holster you can conceal almost anything. Also it's how and where you carry it, weather 3:00 or 3:30 you can carry it.

17. I won both and carry the 26 much more often and when I qualify I actually shoot the 26 better.

18. ShallNotBeInfringed

ShallNotBeInfringed NRA Business Al

Would a better question be 27 or 23?

19. Think the OP made his decision a while ago...

20. Why???
    G26 is the perfecta carry gun!
    10 or 12 rounder for me!
    Also G19 mags!