Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Should I sell my UZI?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by battlin bulldog, Feb 14, 2012.

1. I have an IMI UZI model B. has a; 16 inch barrel, both folding and wood stock, 12 mags, case, all other accesories. Its in fairly cherry conditon considering it is pre 89. paid 1500 for it few years ago but it just doesnt get used. i realize that since they are no longer imported it will probably gain in value. but is it worth it considering what people are willing to pay for something like this? I want another HI end AR but money is tight . should i sell it and use the cash to fund something i would use more? or hang on to it for the unique piece of history that it is?
    thanks in advance for all your thoughts and opinions.:wavey:
  2. 427

Nov 23, 2009
    No way I'd sell a pre-ban anything unless I'm desperate for funds. Keep it and save up.

3. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock? Silver Member

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
    I'd suggest keeping it as well. Unless you are planning to buy an NFA model for like $6K and needed the funds to muster up the cash that is.
  4. PlasticGuy

Jul 10, 2000
    I don't see it going up in value, or at least not drastically. It is already pretty high. It would be different if it was an NFA model. Keep it if you like it, or sell it if you would rather have your $1500 back.
  5. failsafe

Oct 25, 2003
    I have a similar delima..I have a Model A IMI Uzi Carbine, never fired..Box, papers, sling,show bbl, 3 factory mags, wood and folding stock..Made 1983..I bought it for an investment..I turned down 2k for it..That would have been a good price, but I'll hold on to it for now..

6. Sheepdog Scout

Sheepdog Scout Behind you!

Jan 23, 2010
    Who knows?
    Uzis are cool. Even semi auto ones. I'd keep it, unless there is something else out there that you really want.
  7. I had an uzi before the ban.

It was fun to shoot, but other then that a pretty useless gun.

My only regret is that I sold it before the ban, not after.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
  8. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Apr 5, 2011
    Tampa, FL
    I had an Uzi that I bought before the ban.

It fun fun to shoot, but other than that a pretty useless gun.

I sold it a couple of years ago for current market value.

I don't regret it, as it helped finance a much more interesting gun.
  9. G30Mike

G30Mike Say When!

Nov 19, 2008
    St. Joseph MO

I must be tired.....
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  10. :crying: I've wanted an Uzi since the 1980's and still don't have the money for one. :crying:
  11. huggytree

Nov 9, 2011
    i dont see it going up in value...i dont think its that desirable...most people would rather have a M4.......its just an oversized 9mm handgun with no real purpose

im sure youll get more than what ya paid for it...sell the goofy gun...its time has passed
  12. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

Dec 21, 2002
    Sell it if you have to or want something different.

I almost guarantee in the future you will regret selling it.

I had two and a 45 ACP conversion. Years ago I kept one and sold the other with the conversion. I've been sorry ever since.

Since I have trouble focusing on rifle sights now days I mounted a Red Dot on the gun. Works like a charm.:)
  13. I never sell guns ive had for a while and ive only had this uzi for 2 years. I really want a noveske N4 but i know i would regret selling the uzi, even if i dont use it. thanks for all the replys guys:wavey:

P.S. Sweet looking setup M2
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  14. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Apr 7, 2011
    Arlington, VA.
    That's a no-brainer for me. Sell something you don't shoot/use for something that you will really enjoy? Lemme think on that one for a minute.......hmmm.....

Also, the value of it will probably not get much higher than right now, so go ahead and sell it if it was an investment piece.
  15. Aceman

Nov 30, 2008
    It's junk. I'll take it off your hands for $500. I'm being generous because i like you. I'm not gonna wait long. You need to jump on this offer quick.
  16. DrtyHarry

Sep 26, 2007
    No way! Keep it! I have the pistol chambered in .45ACP with a 9mm conversion kit. It looks evil and it's a blast to shoot!!!

Uploaded with

I agree though, sell it only if you are looking to pick up one of the NFA models.

17. stuck in illinois for now so NFA is not an option. still though i guess ill hang on to it. It is kind of a head turner at the range. especially for 3 gun.

makes me feel kind of BA lol[​IMG]

Uploaded with
  18. Rick from pawn stars is that you?:tongueout:
  19. I think we are both saying we dont miss our uzi's, but he's bragging because he made a bunch of money off his.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
  20. G30Mike

G30Mike Say When!

Nov 19, 2008
    St. Joseph MO
    It was funny because it looked like the same person wrote the same thing only the last part was different. I thought it was a double post at first.

OP, if you want an AR platform weapn and the UZI doesn't really do anything for you, sell it and go with what you'd rather have. That's what I'd do anyway. If you haven't had and AR before, I doubt you'd regret selling the UZI for it. AR's sure are fun to get into.