close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Should I save more or get this one?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by ZombieJoe, Aug 27, 2012.

1. ZombieJoe

ZombieJoe

May 7, 2012
    Great Laker
    I just accepted a new job. In a couple months I will be making double what I am now! :supergrin:

So as a reward I want to buy my first black rifle. I have $900 that I can spend now, this is what I was thinking. https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/69657
    With the extra $200 I can buy some mags and ammo. What do you think? Should I get this, or wait till next month when I can afford to spend a little more?

I am really just looking for some thing to put some holes in paper, and learn the platform on. Maybe do a little small game hunting too.

All opinions appreciated. Thanks :wavey:

2. Do not get the Carbons 15 from Bushmaster!!!! I have seen too many uppers crack.

Anyways there are much better options with in that price range.

If you go to Walmart that have DPMS AR in the High $500 which is a ton better then the Bushmaster. They also have Colts for $1000 or Sigs for $995.

Smith and Wesson just came out with the sport which is only in the $600 range. Good with any of those, not that bushmaster.

Adam

3. Spartacus100

Spartacus100

Oct 14, 2011
    Allen TX

I second this. I had a DPMS that was a really good rifle but i sold it to get a PSA rifle. I paid $799.00 for mine and it had quad rails, a magpul BUIS, and a 30 round mag. The price of the one in the link looks good, especially with an Aimpoint included.

4. ronin.45

ronin.45

Apr 24, 2008
    NE OHIO
    The Carbon 15 has always been garbage! I don't know why bushmaster bought the design or why they continue to make them. I've seen several crack from normal use.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  5. ZombieJoe

ZombieJoe

May 7, 2012
    Great Laker
    Thanks for the honest reviews. I am in no rush, so ill wait till i can spend more.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

6. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    Is it going to be a range only gun? If so for that price I'd get the M&P Sport. My sister bought one when they first came out and it has been a solid gun.

7. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Mar 13, 2001
    Behind the Green door
    You would be well served that P S A is an amazing deal

8. ZombieJoe

ZombieJoe

May 7, 2012
    Great Laker
    Yes, mainly for plinking. Does the M&P take standard AR mags?

9. The_Gun_Guru

The_Gun_Guru Ban Democrats!!

OP,

I bought my COLT LE6920 from Bud's for $1149 + all the extra fees....a total of $1283 for me.

PLEASE....I beg of you, save a little more and DO IT RIGHT! You will NOT be disappointed!

[​IMG]

C'mon.....IT'S A COLT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TGG

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  10. ZombieJoe

ZombieJoe

May 7, 2012
    Great Laker
    Is BushMaster that bad in general, or more the cheaper ones that have problems?

TGG- your Colt looks BADA$$
    That issues another one I will be looking in on!

12. 12131

12131 Monkeyboy CLM

Nov 17, 2006
    God's Country (Texas)
  13. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    Save! You can get a top quality rifle for just a couple hundred more, or a much better one for the same price.

14. Bushmaster is hit and miss in quality now, carbon 15 is manufactured out of materials that just don’t seem to hold up in this application. You have a lot of good advice here I would go with a stripped lower and rifle kit from PSA you can find lots of help putting it together and you will know your rifle.

15. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    SW MP15 Sport for $600. Better than Colt and a host of other "boutique" guns.

16. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Far West, USA
    I third this. :supergrin: Palmetto State Armory is one of the best deals on quality ARs in the industry. I have been impressed with mine.

Another good option is a Smith & Wesson AR.

DO NOT buy a Bushmaster, they are junk.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  17. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mar 25, 2008
    North East Ohio
    If your going to go with a Bushmaster, don't get the carbon version.

Personally, I'd save up a few hundred more and get a Colt.