close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Should I Cash in My Retirement Post Election?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Flying-Dutchman, Nov 8, 2012.

1. robertoh

robertoh

Oct 28, 2004
    Ohio
    The Dems.,may be dumb but their not stupid,even they know seizing retirement accounts would crash the Economy since most are invested in the Stock Market,taxing the hell out of them may be another story.

2. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    Same thing

3. Flying-Dutchman

Flying-Dutchman

Oct 10, 2007
    Same with real estate around these parts.

They keep raising property taxes so they are now higher than your mortgage payment.

The standard view now is you are a subject paying rent to your lord and master, the .gov in the form of taxes.

4. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    Yes but think of all the value you get for those taxes.

Bahahahaha

Sorry. Couldn't keep a straight face.

5. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

Oct 1, 2001
    north of the equator
    Exactly.
    How is this difficult to understand?

6. Stubudd

Stubudd

Nov 4, 2008
    Kennesaw GA
    wow, over and over, i can't believe how much this keeps coming up. The most basic, fundamental misunderstanding

7. Stubudd

Stubudd

Nov 4, 2008
    Kennesaw GA
    Lifelong conditioning, from everywhere.

8. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    Same way they'll come after guns.

With the IRS they can seize anything.

Resist and go to jail for tax evasion and suffer the scorn of your fellow citizens.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  9. I don't know how so many people can still have faith in the market, 401ks and mutual funds.

My 401k and mutual funds lost almost 40% of their value twice in a span of 8 years. Once in 2000 and again in 08.

I was in pretty conservative funds as well. Ones with glowing brochures, telling me how much I would have by the age of 65. Give me a break! I am not even half way at age 47.

Get out now....you'll just build up and some "crisis" will come along and wipe out everything you have gained. Even if you ARE paying attention to it (like I was).

I have almost no faith in the stock market, 401ks or most retirement vehicles. Sure, at one time they were the way to go but not anymore.

-brickboy240

10. Could not the same argument be made for U.S. Dollars? They only have value because of someone's opinion of them? The U.S. Dollar is also subject to the laws of supply and demand. The more U.S. dollars that are printed, the less value they have.

So if both gold and U.S. dollars are subject to the same laws of supply and demand and U.S. dollars have an infinite supply and gold is very rare comparatively and cannot be created out of thin air like U.S. dollars, which one will be more valuable in the future? That would be gold. And that is why gold is only going to go up in price and maintain purchasing power versus the U.S. dollar.

Buy gold. It's a no brainer for those that have done their homework.