close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Should I Cash in My Retirement Post Election?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Flying-Dutchman, Nov 8, 2012.

1. dango

dango

Jun 9, 2008
    Yes , invest in land and some PRIMO seed ....!

2. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

Oct 1, 2001
    north of the equator
    None of the articles you linked address any of the questions I asked.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  3. sheriff733

sheriff733 NRA LIFE MEMBER

Nov 4, 2007
    It's a terrible investment. Answered that precisely.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

4. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

Oct 1, 2001
    north of the equator

"Investment".
    Remains to be seen.

That article is just stupid.
    The primary point is "gold is in a bubble", yet it's only conjecture and a baseless opinion. The author gives no facts to back his claim.
    That is true of the entire article.
    And most of the other points are just wrong, demonstrably so.

"Making predictions is tough... especially about the future."
    -Yogi Berra"

5. sheriff733

Nov 4, 2007
    Well, look at the Dave Ramsey link.

He's a sharp fella and just today on his show explained why its a terrible idea.

If he is against it (rather fiercely in fact) there is a reason. I can't explain it like him, however.

6. Electrikkoolaid

Electrikkoolaid Grape flavored!

Mar 1, 2010
    Lead.

7. sheriff733

Nov 4, 2007
    Go to daveramsey.com and do a search on gold. There's plenty of reasons there.

8. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

Oct 1, 2001
    north of the equator

I agree that Mr. Ramsey is a very smart man.
    He offers no more reason than the other article though, only "it's at an all-time high", (not even close) and "a bubble".
    It's opinion and attitude only, no hard data.

Do as you will, I sincerely wish you the very best luck in your investments.

9. sheriff733

Nov 4, 2007
    After todays show is over, listen to it online. You can listen to it from his site

It makes SO much more sense when you hear him explain why.

:wavey:

10. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
  11. sheriff733

Nov 4, 2007
    Well, I disagree, but my opinion is no more credible than yours, so all I can say is go with what you feel is best for you.

:wavey:

12. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    Same to you

13. paynter2

paynter2 It ain't over Millennium Member

Apr 25, 1999
    upper mid-west
    Ramsey is a smart guy - he made millions preaching common sense to people who mis-handled their money.

However, I don't recall him telling people to buy gold 10 years ago. I suppose he's gotten smarter over the years...

Now he's barfing up the same BS that others, who missed the bull market in gold (so far), are puking.

Is gold in a bubble - or is it dollars that are in a bubble? Dollars and other currencies.

Here's an interesting interview:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKx4NJjsC4w&list=UU8eFERtcxPZ-M3Cxkh7zhtQ&index=2&feature=plcp"]James Turk on the Overestimated Gold Stock, the German Repatriation, and an EU Crisis! - YouTube[/ame]

14. Wow. What a dumb article. If you believe that, you deserve what is coming. Seriously. Dave Ramsey is clueless. To quote the price gains of gold from 1833, when it was priced at a fixed rate until 1971, just shows his ignorance to what is actually now happening with the world's reserve currency.

15. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden
    Dave Ramsey is an idiot when it comes to PMs. His preferred vehicle (the stock market) has lost 25% adjusted for inflation the last decade while PMs have gone up several times. There has never been a time in human history when gold has not been valuable, there have been many times when fiat currency has become worthless. My answer to the question of how high does gold have to get before I stop buying is, when the government stops borrowing .40 of every $1 it spends. There is no limit to how high gold can go because there is no limit to how much value the dollar can lose.

How is the government going to deal with our $16 trillion debt other than default or continuing to devalue the currency? BTW, when interest rates return to their historic level of 4% it will add anther $1 trillion a year to our obligations to service the debt.

16. Flying-Dutchman

Flying-Dutchman

Oct 10, 2007
    Thank you.

For every seller there must be a buyer otherwise what you are selling is worthless.

17. Flying-Dutchman

Flying-Dutchman

Oct 10, 2007
    Who will be a buyer of your investments in 2025?

The vast majority of the baby boomers will have reached retirement age by then cashed in.

The current crop of Obama free stuff voters will be in their prime earning years; will they be saving for retirement?