close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Should i buy this bakelite Ak47 mag?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by MSims, Jul 18, 2013.

1. MSims

MSims

Jun 19, 2012
    Well i can only find these mags for $50 with shipping... Worth to buy it... Or not... They say comes excellant to new condition
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 427

Nov 23, 2009
    KUMSC
    If you're a collector and want an ishevsk marked mag, then go for it. If you're a shooter, you can get two, three or four for the same price.

3. VA27

VA27

Mar 23, 2002
    usa
    I have one for my red bakelite Polytech sidefolder. It was in a big box of AK mags at the LGS. 20 bux out the door. If I needed one I'd probably pay $40.

4. CarlosC

CarlosC AK Fanatic

Jan 4, 2000
    DFW area, TX
    I agree...if you are a true collector, or planning on being one, and need that version, then go for it. If you're planning on being a collector of AK mags however, I would warn you that collecting AK mags is like trying to collect one of every version of AKs ever made.

5. MSims

MSims

Jun 19, 2012
    honestly im not doing it for the collectors value of it cause im gonna use it and shoot it and im not that rich to become a collector anf buy every variant of an ak and mags and bayonet cause i would if i was well off... Just like the mag and think it looks cool and is it worth the price as a shooter...

6. CarlosC

CarlosC AK Fanatic

Jan 4, 2000
    DFW area, TX
    In that case, no. Buy the surplus steel mags.

7. blueshot3

blueshot3

Mar 1, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    hey buy what you like just know there is better deals

8. Brian Lee

Brian Lee Drop those nuts

Jul 28, 2008
    Up a tree.
    Bakelite is about the oldest, cheapest, and crappiest excuse for plastic (polymer in GT speak) in the modern world. Since you want it for shooting rather than collecting, I'd steer clear and get one made out of almost anything but Bakelite. It's weak & brittle crap compared to what's been invented in the past 50 years or so.

9. MSims

MSims

Jun 19, 2012
    I tried looking all over online about it being brittle and breaking and all ive seen are they are real strong...