close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Should I buy the Ruger LCP kit from Cabela's?

Discussion in 'Ruger Club' started by LarryD1130, Mar 29, 2010.

1. LarryD1130

LarryD1130

Aug 31, 2009
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Let me start off by saying that I have wanted the LCP ever since it came out and I'm finally taking the plunge since I need a new summer carry gun. I was going to wait until the gun show next month but Cabela's is selling them for the same price as the show($300). The only problem is that they don't have just the pistol in stock, they have the kit. I'm PISSED because until today the kit was on sale for $340. Now it's back to $360. If I did just buy the pistol I was probably going to get the DeSantis Nemesis with it and maybe a extra magazine. The kit comes with both of these but it also comes with a pistol rug which is pointless because I'm pretty sure the LCP's already come with a Ruger one. When I added everything up the kit is about $5 more, which isn't bad. Is this deal worth it or should I just wait and buy the pistol and everything else seperate?

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...abelas/en/common/search/search-box.jsp.form23

2. 1 old 0311

1 old 0311

Jan 2, 2006
    Planet Earth
    Just got a sales flyer from Gander. They have the same 'kit' for $399.:wow:

3. LarryD1130

LarryD1130

Aug 31, 2009
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Their kit is worse and they sell it for $400. Cabela's is the only place besides gun shows that sell Ruger LCP's for $300. I think GM sells them for $320 or $340.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  4. KCHORNS

KCHORNS

Jan 15, 2010
    The set should also come with a pinkie extension. I just go the same thing with a $30.00 off coupon. If you can wait I'll bet it will go back on sale.
    By the way, after some paint on the sights the thing is very accurate and very easy to carry. I've shot 87 rounds through it and no problems.

Good luck