close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Should I be Worried?!?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by dblong, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Glock is the most common pistol in action shooting disciplines. thousands of rounds through these guns and live rounds are ejected all the time. I have not heard any problem yet.

2. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

Sep 20, 2003
    Penn's Woods
    That's true!

Still, with great reluctance I purchased a #30274 ejector, and installed it in my G-19. After firing several hundred rounds I have to admit, the 30274 is simply a better ejector.

3. dusty_dragon

dusty_dragon

Dec 11, 2007
    yes it is, f.e. i had no need to change it in my gen2.5 G19, it was just fine with the 336, but just to test it, i installed a 30274 and the ejection was even better (brass closer together on the range floor)

4. dblong

dblong

Oct 22, 2012
    Northern Kentucky
    Hmmmm. For $8.50, I can't seem to find much harm in trying it out.

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=123268

5. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

Jan 28, 2010
    Florida
    x5000

6. Mister X

Mister X

May 12, 2009
    Here's the email response from Mas and the original article....

Dear Mas,

Have you ever heard of live round going off when being ejected from a 9mm Glock(or any other pistol)?

The moderator of this site http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/showthread.php?16824-Unloading-and-Loading-the-pistol... wrote that 9mm Glocks are prone to this due to the shape of their ejector and why it is not a good idea to catch a ejected chambered round from a Glock.

Thanks,
    Dan

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]That's true of most modern auto pistols, including 1911s with extended ejectors. It's why I teach to NEVER eject into the palm.

best,
    Mas

[/FONT]