Should a Person Use the Exact Same Gun for EDC or Multiple Guns?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Supertuck, Feb 10, 2013.

1. If you are on a limited budget or just don't shoot much, that is a very good way to do things

But if you just love to shoot and shoot often, you can do more as your skill set increases. I grew up with Colt 'O' and Smith 'K' frames. They are quite different but I shot them alot over the years. Add alot of time on Browning High Powers in IDPA and SIG DA/SA series and well unless it's an oddball gun with weird safety/slide manipulations then I don't mind using 1911s, Glocks, SIGS, S&W DA/SA, etc... as well as virtually most revolver brands.

But that is the catch. You have to make shooting your avocation in order to get that skill set. Otherwise just a few guns that work the same way as well as holsters.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. I agree 100%. Well said.
    Practice is the key.

3. G19 all day everyday. It's not that complicated for me.
  4. druryj

As a former Marine Infantry Officer, firearms instructor, and avid shooter, I too believe that the concept of same gun/same holster for purposes of CCW is probably pretty much on the mark for most people...but not 100% the case for everyone. I am quite familiar with how I react in a high stress situation; and as comfortable as I can be with it, and thus, am fine with whatever firearm and holster combination I choose to buckle on. But, having said that,when I step out the door, most often I have either a Glock 26 or 19 on. I will say emphatically that one should be well trained with whatever they select, and that their mental mindset is most important. If you have to ever make that split-second decision to employ a firearm for purposes of defense, you better be prepared to go "all in" or you are probably in for a bad day.