close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Should a Person Use the Exact Same Gun for EDC or Multiple Guns?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Supertuck, Feb 10, 2013.

1. If you are on a limited budget or just don't shoot much, that is a very good way to do things

But if you just love to shoot and shoot often, you can do more as your skill set increases. I grew up with Colt 'O' and Smith 'K' frames. They are quite different but I shot them alot over the years. Add alot of time on Browning High Powers in IDPA and SIG DA/SA series and well unless it's an oddball gun with weird safety/slide manipulations then I don't mind using 1911s, Glocks, SIGS, S&W DA/SA, etc... as well as virtually most revolver brands.

But that is the catch. You have to make shooting your avocation in order to get that skill set. Otherwise just a few guns that work the same way as well as holsters.

Deaf

2. RJ's Guns

RJ's Guns

Dec 25, 2010
    I agree 100%. Well said.
    Practice is the key.

RJ

3. sharkbait22

sharkbait22

Nov 20, 2011
    Rockledge, FL
    G19 all day everyday. It's not that complicated for me.

4. druryj

druryj

Mar 20, 2010
    As a former Marine Infantry Officer, firearms instructor, and avid shooter, I too believe that the concept of same gun/same holster for purposes of CCW is probably pretty much on the mark for most people...but not 100% the case for everyone. I am quite familiar with how I react in a high stress situation; and as comfortable as I can be with it, and thus, am fine with whatever firearm and holster combination I choose to buckle on. But, having said that,when I step out the door, most often I have either a Glock 26 or 19 on. I will say emphatically that one should be well trained with whatever they select, and that their mental mindset is most important. If you have to ever make that split-second decision to employ a firearm for purposes of defense, you better be prepared to go "all in" or you are probably in for a bad day.