Shotshell belt?

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by Dan H, Feb 9, 2010.

1. I have been looking for a shotgun shell belt of even a bandolier. What do you all use and prefer for a shotshell belt? The Uncle Mike's looks like a good solid piece for $23.00 locally. Cabelas has something similar for about $6 online.

Comments on quality equipment to carry extra shotgun ammo during range practice, mobility, etc...?

Thanks

Dan

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. I use these in competition. In working at it I can grab 4-5 shells at once and feed them week hand while holding my shotgun on target.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=422576

They are not for rolling around on the ground so it might not be what you are looking for. I will see what others have to say as I am taking a tactical shotgun course and per the instructor these don't hold the shells solid enough.

3. I have the cabela's cheap-o version... but I'm happy with it. But, I don't compete or anything like that... I just like it more than carrying a box of shells. :)

4. I like a go bag. I'm not a fan of bandoleers or slings that hold shotgun shells.

bc

5. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Yep. Belts and bandoleers for shotgun shells are kind of past tense. Look for a bag, pouch, or garment with pockets designed for or suitable for shotgun shells. More convenient, and with training, faster.

6. #6 B Coyote, Feb 13, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  7. I use a bandoleer - but that's mainly for the carry ease.

A bag is definitely the way to go for speed. Watch a trap team sometime.

8. Don't waste your money on the cheap bandoleers. the elastic doesn;t last. there are military pouches out there that are well made. I think Bianchi makes one.

9. The more research I do on carrying shotgun shells, the more I discover that bags and pouches seem to be the current preferred gear for that. Actually makes sense from a KISS factor.

Thanks for all the replies.

Dan