close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Shotgun Trunk Mount for a Car

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by cancov, Feb 10, 2011.

1. cancov

cancov

Jan 29, 2010
    I will be making the transition into a Toyota Corolla or maybe a Camry. I'm looking to mount a short, tactical shotgun. Preferably not on the lid due to the weight and the lid not opening easily but I'm not ruling a lid mount out. I'm thinking affordability rather than law enforcement grade($200 and up). Not a very productive Google search...

2. I wouldn't do lid regardless, because when you open it, do you really want to advertise that you have a shotgun in your trunk?

3. cancov

cancov

Jan 29, 2010
    Nevertheless, I'd rather have it secured than laying in the trunk or floor

4. cancov

cancov

Jan 29, 2010
  5. You've got the right idea there with the website. We used to mount shotguns in our patrol cars using a similar design, mounting the brackets at the rear bumper end of the trunk vertically against the well area.

6. B.Reid

B.Reid

Jun 20, 2005
    Montana
  7. cancov

cancov

Jan 29, 2010

I hadn't thought of that location. Seems very accessible, thanks.

8. One thing to watch in that location is putting stuff in the trunk that can slide around and beat against the gun. A trick we used was to put the gun in a padded case but leave the top of the unzippered. That way you get some protection for the gun but can still access it without much trouble.