close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Shotgun Sling

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by Glock212327, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Glock212327

Glock212327

Mar 23, 2008
    IN
    i'm looking for a shotgun sling with swivels included that have ammo loops on the sling. I know that Butler Creek has one but it doesn't come with swivels its a loop system. any other ideas? Thanks.

2. SIGShooter

SIGShooter Hucklebucks

Jan 25, 2005
    Vickers Tactical

It's the only sling I use for my rifles and shotgun.

3. Faulkner

Faulkner Patriot Millennium Member

Aug 21, 1999
    Arkansas Ozarks
    I have one for my 590 that I got from Blackhawk. Nice sling, but I pretty much hate it. Makes the shotgun front heavy and too unwieldy.

[​IMG]

4. L-2

L-2

Nov 19, 2001
    California
  5. B Coyote

B Coyote

Jul 3, 2001
    NW Indiana
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  6. Truckee

Truckee Aging Goat

Jul 17, 2005
    Shenandoah Valley
    I thought about posting this but, didn't want to rain on Glock's idea. Since you have, I will wholly agree.

Early in, I too tried this to up my shell count. Post quickly learning that carrying the rounds forward was a problem, I turned the sling and carried them aft. Having the rounds swinging at the butt helped. However, the problem remained, a weight / pendulum issue.

B Coyote recommends the mini sneaky. I went this route several years ago for rife mag and shell carry... goes well in the trunk, grab and get. I've never looked back.

7. I'll join the parade. Unless there is some unusual situation, putting the ammo on the sling is just not a very good idea with a shotgun.

8. Glock212327

Glock212327

Mar 23, 2008
    IN
    Thanks for all the responses. i never really thought about the 4 extra shells throwing off the weight of the gun/making it front heavy. I think i will just stick with a basic sling. Thanks again.

9. BHP9

BHP9

Nov 21, 2008
    God's Country.
    This isn't a good idea.

If you're running, the sling will be swinging side to side and the extra weight will throw you off and/or the sling may hit you. It's easier to carry extra shells on the belt than on the gun. Arms tire.

10. Drbironhead

Drbironhead

Jul 27, 2006
    Fort Myers FL
    I use a SKS sling i works good for me but thinking of getting something new