close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Shotgun question.

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by slims00ls1z28, Aug 25, 2011.

1. slims00ls1z28

slims00ls1z28

Jan 23, 2010
    TN
    Toying with the idea of converting my Saiga 12. After conversion I'll look into shortening the barrel some. What is the legal limit on the barrel on a shotgun before going into SBS status. I've got no intentions of dealing with the ATF yet so I want to know if and how much I can get chopped if any.

2. Q: What is the registered part of a Short Barreled Rifle (SBR) or Short Barreled Shotgun (SBS)?

While a receiver alone may be classified as a “firearm” under the Gun Control Act (GCA), SBRs and SBSs are classified in totality under the National Firearms Act (NFA). A firearm that meets the definition of a SBR consists of a rifle that has a barrel less than 16 inches in length. A SBS consists of a shotgun that has a barrel less than 18 inches in length. The serialized receiver is recorded for registration in the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record (NFRTR).

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/nat...barreled-rifles-shotguns.html#part-registered

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011