close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

shotgun light question

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by southernshooter, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Will a standard surefire polymer body flashlight stand up to the recoil of a shotgun? Or does it have to be a designated weapon light?

2. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    As long as you are using a sturdy mounting system, and it is an LED model, then you should be OK. I would suggest one of the aluminum body lights over the Nitrolon series, though, for impact resistance.

3. aippi

aippi

Jun 12, 2009
    Yes it will as long as it is LED. The G2L series is perfect for getting a light on weapon if you don't want the dedicated forend light. The G2X Pro is the one I am going to feature since you push the tail cap once for 15 lumens and then again for 200. Perfect for multiple applications.

4. Jackalo626

Jackalo626

Jan 29, 2010
    I have one of the C4 cree module light from here on GlockTalk (Solarforce) on my 870 with an Elzetta mount and it is only a $30 flashlight that has help up perfectly to at least 80 or so 12ga rds and counting.

5. DougW

DougW Native Texan

May 9, 2003
    North Texas
    Check out the new Scorpion PolyTac LED light. I have one on a Benelli M1 and an M4'gery.

6. Brad737

Brad737

May 30, 2010
    Cincinnati, OH
    JD,
    The G2X was slammed on one of the AR Forums. (Can't remember if its arf.com or m4carbine...the only 2 AR sites I'm on...) They said it goes off during recoil, then comes back on. I have no experience with the light, but reading that scared me off.
    HTH,
    Brad

7. SCSU74

SCSU74 St. Cloud Proud

Jul 24, 2010
    The Northwoods
    i read that too, something about not having a weapon grade battery spring or something. I run a G2 LED (Not G2X) on my 870 and have never had a problem. Just bought a G2X for my AR, guess i'll find out during carbine school if it can hold up, if not ill just move the X to my 870 :)

8. Well, once when going through a school they said I had to mount a light on my shotgun, so I took a standard Scorpion light and strapped it on with a bunch of rubber bands, and it worked just fine for two days. Then I took it off because the school was over.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  9. Aceman

Aceman

Nov 30, 2008
    Tampa
    Surefire G2led has been working fine under my 500 for years.