Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Shot timmer

Discussion in 'Tactics and Training' started by RWBlue, Feb 24, 2010.

1. RWBlue

Jan 24, 2004
    I am not sure if this is the best place for this thread or maybe the competition area. If the moderators know a better spot, please move and bump, so I can find it.

I am looking for a new shot timer.
    What is out there (features, functions, brands…)?
    What is good?
    Any of them suck?

BTW, If this has been discussed to death, link me to the threads. I didn't find what I was looking for in the search, but I might not be getting the right key words.
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2010

2. HK Dan

HK Dan

Mar 27, 2008
    We're on the same page AGAIN, Drew. That's a really good timer, fully featured, and at a decent price.

I like it better than my PACT Club timer, which uses 2 AA batteries. the downside of the 7000 is the rechargeable batteries that can't be replaced by the user; they do have an auxilliary battery pack you can use (2 AAs). Side note--I have 3 CED 7000s, they are almost 2 years old, and the NiCads are still fine.

On the 7000 you get adjustable senitivity--it can actually go low enough to pick up an airsoft gun, but at that level you also pick up holster noise and the inevitable cuss words. <g>

The beeper has adjustable volume--great for dry fire practice when you don't want the spousal unit getting annoyed.

It has variable and random start times, and variable 'scoring'--you can actually have it time strings within a stage. NICE feature for my purposes--IDPA/USPSA and practice stages.

It has a memory. You can compare different runs. Most reset with a new start and old strings are lost.

It has an I/O port so you can use it to activate targets.

It's the smallest, most advanced timer in the world. (I know that because their ad says so). LOL

100% solid piece of gear.

Stay away from the bulkier CED timers. Those are clunky and the start beeper sounds more like a fart in a foghorn. To top it off, they are less fully featured than the club timer.

Hope that helped!
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2010