close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shot Show & Gunny Match

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by OMF64, Nov 1, 2006.

1. OMF64

OMF64

Just wondering who all is going? Wouldn't you know it I didn't go when it was at Vegas which would have been about a 4 hour drive. I got a great Airfare price so I wasn't going to pass it up this time. My wife and I will be flying into Orlando on a Tuesday afternoon. We plan on watching the Gunny Match on Wednesday and then spend a couple days at the Shot Show. This will be my first chance to see some really first class shooters compete. Hope to meet some of you there.

2. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

I wouldn't count on the Gunny Match being at the same time as the Shot Show. Highly placed rumors at the Lexington match implied it would be in March, at Ft. Benning. Before I made reservations and spent money I would check with the GSSF office.

3. OMF64

OMF64

Well now that is just great. Here I have spent $400 for a round trip plane ticket that is non-refundable. What the heck is wrong with being consistant? The Shot Show at Vegas has always had the Gunny Match. Now I have a choice of either seeing other sites of no interest, loose $400 or use the ticket within the next 12 months somewhere else. I wanted to see the Gunny Match. Just where is this Ft. Benning place and when might it be. So much for plans and schedules. What a bummer.

4. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Sorry, I don't know the dates of either event. Ft. Benning isn't listed yet for the 2007 match. Last year it was the last weekend of the month in March. It's just outside of Columbus Georgia though.

5. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Believe we've had all of 2 Gunny Challenges. Jerry's right; I wouldn't suggest marching off without what Gunny calls "the real skinny."

:patriot: