close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shot Show 2013 | Glock Announcements

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by GunVault.TV, Jan 18, 2013.

1. GunVault.TV

GunVault.TV

Here is a first hand look at some of the new things GLOCK unveiled at the 2013 SHOT Show.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFcFwXU4xMo"]Shot Show 2013 | Glock Announcements - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  2. JBP55

JBP55

I would have to move and say something to anyone that tried to keep a handgun pointed at me. He never showed a clear and safe pistol, just kept it pointed at the reporter.

3. GunVault.TV

GunVault.TV

Some sacrifices have to be made when it comes to the media. After all nobody really likes reporters right? :tongueout:

In all seriousness, the pistols used in any of our interviews were cleared both physically and visually multiple times. You'd be surprised how much sweeping goes on at an event like SHOT Show. It's probably for that reason that they do not allow any live ammunition in the building and all weapons had the firing pins removed, and were inspected and certified.

4. JBP55

JBP55

That is good to know, it just does not look very professional to the viewer. :wow:

5. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

Nice work, but the Glock rep spent way to much time talking about something thats not even online and running.LOL more time should have been spent talking up the new products... Id love to attend that shot show, man looks like lots of fun...

6. OhioGlock90

OhioGlock90

I want a 30S so bad! I wonder how long it will be until I see any. The two shops I have asked about them, the guys behind the counter reply: wait Glock has a new gun out? Oh we didn't know.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

7. crash_gsxr750

crash_gsxr750 Arrows first

8. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Still doesn't make it right. The cardinal rules of gun safety don't say "except when you're at SHOT Show". But I understand it's not entirely practical.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  9. 4095fanatic

4095fanatic

:thumbsup:

10. JBP55

JBP55

Correct, but I was referring to the pistol interview on the range where the pistol should have been pointed down range at all times and not at the reporter. I understand the safe guns without firing pins inside the building with people 360 degrees around you. Simply turn the pistol 180 degrees before starting the interview on the range. Nuff Said.

11. GunVault.TV

GunVault.TV

From what GLOCK told us at the show, they're 600K guns currently on order, and although the wait time varies a little by model, if you ordered one today not to expect it until Summer is a good bet.

12. M 7

M 7

Nice! That's a "sacrifice" I think we can all live with- less media. :rofl:

13. Loansharkx

Loansharkx

I heard somewhere that at the Shot Show, all firearms that are to be handled on the floor had to have the firing pins taken out.

Doesn't excuse proper handling... Obviously

14. GunVault.TV

GunVault.TV

To be completely honest it was a big deal for them and a good portion of their booth was dedicated to GLOCK ID. Other than the G30s, and the 10mm Gen4s there was nothing else that was new. :(