close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shot my first GSSF today

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Fuerte, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Fuerte

Fuerte Cigar?

I shot 479 with my G19 and 490 with my G26. I was elated, but the RO said that he sees 500s all the time and did not seem too impressed. I, on the other hand, could hardly contain myself! :banana:

2. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Congrats on your first GSSF match....the scores are your measurement and the importance and grade you give yourself is what is important...I'm shooting 66% better than my first score and try to improve each year.....to have fun and meet other shooters each year is what is important...the scores will improve ...whens'your next match? :thumbsup:

3. Fuerte

Fuerte Cigar?

The GSSF dates at Top Gun Range in Houston are 10/21, 11/18 & 12/16. I have already signed-up for the other two dates. It was a lot of fun, and I am looking forward to the next one...

4. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Fantastic....out where you are, you will probably see some folks with Carver Mounts on their hats and shirts....) at the outdoor matches primarily) or if you get our further East IndyGlockers et al would be glad to meet ya...just walk up and introduce yourself and welcome to this great sport.:thumbsup:

5. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

Congrats on those scores. I still get excited if I shoot a 490. Yes, where I'm at there are usually several 500 scores. The last two matches I went to there was one, with none on the last one (which is unusual). Those guys have been practicing very much to attain that and earn it. It's great to shoot next to them. Indoor people will help you with tips and give you encouragement. I shoot or have shot at least at five ranges (matches almost every three months) and enjoy ever bit of it. Even an off day is fun because I'm meeting my friends. I'm lucky, located in Central Ohio I have at least five ranges with indoor matches within a two hour drive. Most are within and hour, 15 minutess or less. The outdoor matches are great also, in a different way. Each are very challenging, though different. Someday, I intend to shoot my 500, whenever that time maybe - at least that's my goal!!

If you started out with those scores, you'll be at the top in no time. Keep up the great work and good shooting:)

6. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i'd say anything in the 485-490 range is damn good that few shooters can match.