close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shortage MOS list?

Discussion in 'US Army Forum' started by deadday, Jan 14, 2008.

1. deadday

deadday
    Expand Collapse

Anyone out there know where I can find one of these online? I need to take a look at one soon....Haven't had any luck searching....Could the IN/OUT chart be considered a shortage chart?

thanks
    drew

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. reconshawn

reconshawn
    Expand Collapse

Try www. military.com

3. fourdeuce2

fourdeuce2
    Expand Collapse

You might want to look at the whole MOS list. You're not always restricted to just going into a shortage MOS. I know that's the "official" policy, but it can be bent sometimes if you let them know you're really interested in something specific.
    Back in 1978 I switched from an overstrength MOS(11C) to a short MOS(84B) when I re-enlisted. The company retention NCO told me I couldn't do it, so I told him I'd get out then. About two weeks later he called me and let me know he'd found me a slot in Photography School if I was ready to re-enlist. Of course, he did make sure I knew that he wasn't guaranteeing that I'd finish the school or get the MOS, but he could guarantee me a slot in the school. I told him if I could get into the school, I could pass it, and I was pretty sure I'd get the MOS after that.
    Doing that depends on how "desperate" they are at the time, though.:dunno:

4. sgtslwilson

sgtslwilson
    Expand Collapse

Apparently 19k is short. I just got my involuntary activation to go to Iraq. I have been out for years. Im old and fat and they called me up. My whole life is going to be disrupted.

5. jdh31313

jdh31313
    Expand Collapse

Are you IRR? How long have you been out?

6. sgtslwilson

sgtslwilson
    Expand Collapse

about 3 years now. I still had a year or so of IRR before I was done because I signed up to do a year in the Guard a couple of years back.

7. metrogruntual

metrogruntual
    Expand Collapse
    o__O

in the stryker world 19K is known as a TWAT

(tanker without a tank)

8. dennishix

dennishix
    Expand Collapse

8 years is 8 years, the length of service you signed up for both IRR and AD/ARNG/AR. I had a troop with one week left in the IRR get called back. Have to read the contract before you sign.