close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Short Stock Question

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by nolacop, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Just completed my SBS and looking to shorten the stock an inch or two. Anyone know of a supplier or brand that carries this particular item?

2. What make/model SBS do you have? And are you looking to just shorten the stock you have now or are you looking for an aftermarket one?

3. I have a Remington 870. I would prefer to just buy an aftermarket one and just remove the current factory one.

4. I would recommend Hogue, Speedfeed, or Remington stocks. The Hogue has a 12" LOP stock and the Speedfeed and Remington stocks have a 13" LOP.

5. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files
    Speedfeed IV-S is excellent.

6. PlasticGuy

PlasticGuy

Jul 10, 2000
    This is the right answer. I prefer the 12" Hogue on my 590's, but it would be too short for bigger guys. The 13" Speedfeed is a good one for guys with slightly longer arms.

7. bikerdog

bikerdog

Feb 11, 2009
    I've got the Speedfeed IV-S on my 870 right now and absolutely love it.

8. If you want the factory look, but shorter, you could buy a Youth model 870 stock.

9. Z71bill

Z71bill

Feb 19, 2007
    Texas
  10. Ferdinandd

Ferdinandd

Feb 17, 2008
    I just bought and installed a SpeedFeed standard length - VI, not the S model. I have fairly long arms so this works better for me. I found great pricing and excellent service from AI&P Tactical. Contact JD with any questions. He is an excellent source of info and is great to talk to and do business with.