close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Short range report on the Beretta PX4.....

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by M2 Carbine, May 6, 2010.

1. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

......Storm and Sub Compact PX4.

Up until a few weeks ago, when I impulse bought a 9mm Beretta PX4 Storm, I hadn't hardly heard of the PX4. A couple months ago I shot friend's 40 S&W PX4. I liked the gun but didn't remember it's name.

Apr 19 when I saw the gun at Academy I bought it in 9mm. It was a toss up between 9mm and 40 S&W.

The gun is accurate and nice to shoot. I've put several hundred rounds of lead, FMJ and JHP through it without a bit of trouble, except the gun does not like some light target rounds I tried. No problem, I don't even remember why I loaded those rounds so light anyhow.

I have enough confidence in the gun that I've already added a Streamlight TLR-2 laser/light for a nightstand gun.
    Streamlight and 20 round magazine.
    [​IMG]

After hearing about the PX4 sub compact here on GT I looked for and bought one at the gun show, May 1.

I have to admit it wasn't love at first sight, especially since the first dealer wanted $599 for the little gun. I bought one for $499.
    [​IMG]

The more I shoot the guns, the more I like them.
    Tuesday a neighbor lady shot the sub compact. She owns a G19 and 2 inch 38. She said she REALLY likes the the sub compact. Next time I'll see how she likes the full size PX4.:)

The guns have a hammer drop safety. When moved to safe the lever also disconnects the trigger from the hammer.
    I'm neutral on this "safety" because I lower hammers manually and only use the thumb safety when carrying a 1911 cocked and locked.

Bottom line, if the guns hold up through the long haul, IMO they are keepers.:)

2. cosmose

cosmose

man those are nice looking:drool: i'm dying for the gunshow to come . so i can check out the sub-compact. how is the size comparison on the sub-compact compared to a glock 26? from reading the specs seem like they are about the same?

3. bac1023

bac1023

I have the sull size PX4 and love it.

4. rem2429

rem2429

It looks like the full size is a rotating lock up and the sub is a browning dropping type. Is that the case, or are looks just decieving?

5. DonD

DonD

I've always thought that the PX4 was a handsome specimen of modern semi autos. I never liked the open slide of the M9 Beretta. Glad that it's working well for you. Don

6. sdrnavy

sdrnavy

I have the PX4 in the .45... shoots very good, and has not choked yet!

7. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

I shot a friend's G26 a while back. Off hand I'd say they were close in size. Glocks don't fit my hand but I like the PX4's grip. Like the Glock the long mags fit and function in the sub compact.

I was disappointed that the compact uses the typical semi barrel instead of the turning barrel because I like the turning barrel (I like weird stuff).
    One dealer told me Beretta doesn't have the sub compact out in 40 S&W yet because they can't get it functioning reliably.
    They appear to have the 9mm right.

I hate to clean guns but both are very easy to clean.

Last week I was shooting the Beretta at 52 yards at a foot square steel plate. (standing)
    [​IMG]

It appeared the gun would easily keep the hits on the target but I wasn't doing the gun justice (getting old is beginning to really suck:upeyes: )
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2010
  8. G26Okie

G26Okie

That is the case.

9. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

Oh my, I wish you hadn't told me the PX4 is in 45 also.

:supergrin:

10. rfd339

rfd339

Congrats on two great looking Beretta's .

11. ctfireman

ctfireman

I love the storm, always have. Can't wait to see the new compact size.