close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Short barrel ammo

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by AZGLOCKAZ, Jun 9, 2010.

1. AZGLOCKAZ

AZGLOCKAZ

May 4, 2009
    Arizona
    I have been researching self-defense ammo a lot recently and really think Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P is what I want to test in my G19 for my carry load.

I have found they also make a short-barrel version of the 124gr+P for smaller guns. I have noticed many comments and articles I have read mention G26s and other similar 3" barreled sub-compacts. My wife wants a G26, I know this will be a great round for her gun but will it work as well in a 4" compact like my G19? I would love the ability to buy one cartridge that will work in both our guns without having to buy the regular and short-barrel version of the same ammo. Any feedback will be appreciated.

2. rome2240sw

rome2240sw GLOCKIN4LIFE

Jun 5, 2010
    columbia, SC
    Trust me the shor-barrel ammo will work in both guns. if ya want to be safer just try the 115gr loads because they work best with guns with shorter barrels.

3. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    G26 barrel is 3.46". Fairly long for a small gun.

I just get the regular Gold Dots since they are a lot less expensive. 50 round box is barely more than a 20 round box of Short Barrel. For that reason alone it's worth whatever hassle of having both types if you really do want Short Barrel for the 26.

4. All versions ('regular', +P, +P short barrel) of 124 grain Gold Dots will work just fine in both pistols.