Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Shops near Tampa

Discussion in 'Florida Glockers Club' started by Wildcard580, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Wildcard580

Oct 23, 2012
    Hey Florida people I'm looking for recommendations for a good gun shop near Land O Lakes/Tampa area. I'm looking for a place with good prices and knowledgeable and helpful staff. Some of the places I've been seem over priced and more often than not just rude and unhelpful. So help me out here guys, what are your favorite shops to do business with? Thanks.

Also, any recommendations for a good gun smith? I want to get some work done on a few guns. Thanks again!
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  2. glocker56

Jun 8, 2010
    check out: --speak to Marco

Don't waste your time at Shoot Straight --way over priced

3. Wildcard580

Oct 23, 2012
    Thanks I'll check them out. I agree with you about Shoot Straight, overpriced and when I was there last time it was packed full of people and even with about a dozen workers it was hard to find help and even when you did no one seemed to really care...
  4. tshadow6

Jan 6, 2007
    University Gun and Pawn on Fletcher Ave. in Tampa has a large selection. I cannot comment on their service, but their prices are not bad.
  5. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Apr 5, 2011
    Tampa, FL
    I've started using Family Firearms as well. Small shop, bit they can order anything in, and they are good people there.
  6. kf4zra

kf4zra I miss ya Murph

Aug 15, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I have had a good experience with Family Firearms as well.
    Actually seemed to be happy you were there, unlike shoot straight.

I have been going to Florida Ammo Traders in Tampa for years too. It's a one man organization, so call before you go. Vic, the owner, has always done me right.
  7. Wildcard580

Oct 23, 2012
    Sounds good, I'll check out Family Firearms this weekend. I refuse to deal with University Gun and Pawn on Fletcher anymore. I've been there several times and even purchased my Sig there but in my experience they are rude and unhelpful also. Last time I was there all the guy did was scowl and ***** about his lunch being interrupted because he had to do his job. Getting answers or help there is worse than pullin teeth.
  8. JerryVO

Oct 22, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    Another vote for Family Firearms here. Small in stock selection but they can order anything and will also do $25 transfers if you find it somewhere yourself.