close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shoplifting Gone Wrong

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Ian Moone, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Ian Moone

Ian Moone

This story only confirms why I need to be carrying everytime I go into Wallyworld. This store is just a few miles from my house and I am in there regularly.

http://www.theeagle.com/crime/Shooting-reported-at-CS-Walmart-876543

Witnesses on TV are saying the loss prevention officers tackled this DB before he got to the doors and pulled him into an office while summoning the PD. As soon as they got inside the office, there was a shot fired. About 30 seconds later, another shot. Will be interesting to see how the corporate boys in Bentonville react.

2. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

call to police from inside the store was logged at 4:05 p.m., saying a shoplifting had "gone wrong" and there had been a shooting, according to Officer Rhonda Seaton.

Tactical officers surrounded that entrance by 4:40 p.m. and went inside within 10 or so minutes. More than a dozen patrol cars are at the scene.

This confused me. They call in at 4:05 pm and 35 minutes later they have place surrounded? Another 10 minutes before they enter? Or had Police arrived and waited for tac team? (why unless no contact inside store)

I guess they could have asked shoppers who likely didn't want to stop shopping. :)

Didn't security give any more info? Didn't Police attempt to communicate with folks in store? There has got to be a lot more to story.
    Most wal marts are in cites. I.E. they actually have a PD with Officers on duty 24/7/365.25.

IF (and I realize media story thats a assumption) the suspect was wounded, security was ones who called 911 (one would think after threat was over) why not give more info? So did suspect get any medical aid for first 45+ minutes? It is called "The GOLDEN HOUR" for a reason.