close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shooting/Reloading Eye Protection

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Kwesi, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Kwesi

Kwesi

Sep 23, 2006
    TX
    I'd like some recommendations on well made eye protection. Price points would be nice to know. Also: if your like me & only wear reading glasses what do you use? I sometimes wear Walmart cheaters to help align my sights. It's tough once my hands push way beyond reading distance. I'm guessing the cheaters are not providing much protection.

2. Boxerglocker

Boxerglocker Jacks #1 Fan

Mar 6, 2003
    Lynnwood, WA
    Rudy Project has shooters eyewear at 30% off using promo code "USPSA" and I think they have a 40% off for certain models using "tactical" as the promo code.

I use the RYDON array with 5 lense colors for shooting and UVEX generic wrap arounds for reloading that I get from work.

3. unclebob

unclebob

Oct 14, 2000
    Mary Esther FL
    http://www.decot.com/cart/products/47/Revel.htm
    It also helps if your optometrist is a shooter. So he or she knows what you are talking about.
    I just had a pair made the bottom is to take care of my stigmatism. And the top right lens only has a 1.25 bifocal for shooting. So the front sight is or should say was real clear. In less than a month the bifocal is no longer any good for me. My eyes keep changing after the cataract surgeries. But at least it’s for the better.

4. PCJim

PCJim Senior Member

Aug 4, 2008
    FL
    Nothing special here. I wear regular progressive lenses all the time.

5. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

Jun 12, 2002
    North Carolina
    I wear ugly over the glasses safety glasses that I get for free. Pretty much every job my father or I have had issues safety glasses. When they get scratched up, I toss them and open a new pair. You want coverage and the ugly ones have it. The more stylish ones, also free, either don't go over glasses or don't have the coverage.